Christmas Jazz Albums

joshuakennedy

1 hour ago, Late said:

NzItOTExMS5qcGVn.jpeg
NzMtNDk4MS5qcGVn.jpeg

I was listening to this in the car this afternoon as snow started pelting down (the first snow my kids have ever seen). Whilst I am by no means that target audience, it is by a long way my favourite Christmas jazz record, along with the Carla Bley record. Possibly runner up goes to the Kenny Burrell.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/81OEUIp0kvL._SX355_.jpg

I find this to be a nice one all the way through.  The title track is haunting and wonderful. Mintzer and Ferrante offer a great duet on "Winter Wonderland."  The final track is an interesting blending of "In a Silent Way" and "Silent Night." Just a good album overall, and so are many Yellowjackets records; I've slept on them too long, thinking they were just a smooth jazz group.

On 12/21/2022 at 6:02 PM, bresna said:

If you have Prime, you can order it today and get it delivered Saturday. That's what I just did.

Thanks for the hint, but my preferred mail order dealer had one copy left at reduced price as they sell out some of their stock by the end of the year. It is on its way to me, and I am very much looking forward to it. I happen to play a set of Remo Mastertouch drums, the same brand Jeff used to play. They are no longer manufactured, it  seems.

4 hours ago, Milestones said:

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/81OEUIp0kvL._SX355_.jpg

I find this to be a nice one all the way through.  The title track is haunting and wonderful. Mintzer and Ferrante offer a great duet on "Winter Wonderland."  The final track is an interesting blending of "In a Silent Way" and "Silent Night." Just a good album overall, and so are many Yellowjackets records; I've slept on them too long, thinking they were just a smooth jazz group.

2022 seemed to be the year they started turning up on Best Of polls. 

I would not be surprised if in 10 years' time the fusion and smooth jazz of the 1980s has had a comeback.