Bill Savory Collection, Vol. 2

jazztrain

On 15/12/2016 at 10:47 PM, John L said:

Once you download the tracks, you can immediately convert them into MP3s using iTunes and then use them in whatever other program you choose. 

I don't recommend converting to MP3. Going from a lossy format (AAC) to another lossy format (MP3) is almost guaranteed to introduce audio artifacts. In other words: you'll lose quality, sometimes to the extent that even those without the mythical golden ears can hear the difference, even at high (variable) bitrates. If you must convert, I suggest WAV (or ALAC, though that doesn't make much sense for compatibility reasons).

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 7:17 AM, lipi said:

I don't recommend converting to MP3. Going from a lossy format (AAC) to another lossy format (MP3) is almost guaranteed to introduce audio artifacts. In other words: you'll lose quality, sometimes to the extent that even those without the mythical golden ears can hear the difference, even at high (variable) bitrates. If you must convert, I suggest WAV (or ALAC, though that doesn't make much sense for compatibility reasons).

Yes, you do lose something, but it is hard to hear the difference for these kind of recordings, at least to my ears.  

Your comment did make me think a bit - it is not really proper to only make this music only available in a format for which one company has a monopoly over the software.  I will mention that to Loren.  If they make AACs available, they should also make MP3s available. 

Edited by John L

11 hours ago, John L said:

Yes, you do lose something, but it is hard to hear the difference for these kind of recordings, at least to my ears.  

Your comment did make me think a bit - it is not really proper to only make this music only available in a format for which one company has a monopoly over the software.  I will mention that to Loren.  If they make AACs available, they should also make MP3s available. 

Absolutely they should!

I'm even more hesitant to install iCrap and buy these files if they come in some useless format ... will still look into it after x-mas though, I need to hear the music!

Listening to the Basie volume now - and am enjoying it immensely! (Paid close to 20$ though, which I find a bit over the top ... not sure how prices are for others, the first album was around a third cheaper - and of course installation and all that was a pain, that whole iTunes package is such an overblown mess, you click somewhere and a second later there may be a reaction ... or not, and then you click again).

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/18/2016 at 7:32 AM, Dan Gould said:

Thanks. I think I'll download the program and snag this in January when I am back at Mom's.

OK so I am back at Mom's just downloaded I-Tunes found Volume 2 and clicked thru to purchase.

Where the *^%$ are these files?

I do not wish to click thru purchase again but the program doesn't show any items in my library.  I can't begin to say how frustrated I am right now so any help from I-tunes people would be enormously appreciated.

3 hours ago, Dan Gould said:

OK so I am back at Mom's just downloaded I-Tunes found Volume 2 and clicked thru to purchase.

Where the *^%$ are these files?

I do not wish to click thru purchase again but the program doesn't show any items in my library.  I can't begin to say how frustrated I am right now so any help from I-tunes people would be enormously appreciated.

I had no trouble getting it to appear in my I Tunes library. Seriously, you might want to email I Tunes customer service for an online chat. Sometimes a small change in a setting an make I Tunes workable.

All is right now because I-tunes is removed from mom's PC and the files are on my thumb drive.

Not a fan of Apple to begin with and I certainly expected that, like Amazon MP3 purchases, I'd get a pop up or a screen for immediate download and not have to search thru the Help function to figure this shit out. And, I think I bought it twice too. So, F Apple.