COUB and YOUTOOB

Dmitry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Dmitry said:

Arsenio Hall - the worst interviewer since interviews were invented in Egypt by Ramses II.

Man, you got that right. The guy tried to make a comeback in 2013 and they cancelled him after one season. He sucked back then with all that dog pound nonsense and the fake, let me lean in and get close to you so I can hang onto ever word bullshit. I can't even imagine how bad his recent show was.

From Wiki:  Monk had disappeared from the scene by the mid 1970s and made only a small number of appearances during the final decade of his life. His last studio recordings as a leader were made in November 1971 for the English Black Lion label, near the end of a worldwide tour with the Giants of Jazz, a group which included Gillespie, Kai Winding, Sonny Stitt, Al McKibbon and Blakey. Bassist McKibbon, who had known Monk for over twenty years and played on his final tour in 1971, later said: "On that tour Monk said about two words. I mean literally maybe two words. He didn't say 'Good morning', 'Goodnight', 'What time?' Nothing. Why, I don't know. He sent word back after the tour was over that the reason he couldn't communicate or play was that Art Blakey and I were so ugly."[18]

• 2 weeks later...