Halls of Fame - Who do you disagree about?

In general, I'm not interested in sportswriters' votes on anything.  But I make an exception regarding the Gold Glove.  I think that that is a VERY important award, and is not sufficiently appreciated.

Two people are tied with winning the most Gold Gloves (I think 16):  Brooks Robinson and Jim Kaat.  Robinson is already in, of course.  I think that that statistic alone is enough to make Kaat worthy of induction.  The fact that he also won 280 games makes him one of the best pitchers in my lifetime IMO.

Edited by GA Russell

16 hours ago, GA Russell said:

In general, I'm not interested in sportswriters' votes on anything.  But I make an exception regarding the Gold Glove.  I think that that is a VERY important award, and is not sufficiently appreciated.

Two people are tied with winning the most Gold Gloves (I think 16):  Brooks Robinson and Jim Kaat.  Robinson is already in, of course.  I think that that statistic alone is enough to make Kaat worthy of induction.  The fact that he also won 280 games makes him one of the best pitchers in my lifetime IMO.

Plus he was (is) an excellent announcer. Not a long enough announcing career to be HoF worthy, but it adds to his resume.

• 2 weeks later...

IMHO, the Baseball HOF is fast becoming a nice guys only good ol' boy club. "Integrity" and being a squeaky clean, really nice guy seems to have pushed out exemplary play on the field.

Do/say/take something untoward or piss off the writers who vote and your chances of getting in go right down the tubes. Bunch of snowflakes voting now.

Then there's Tim Raines who used coke. Wow. Must have smiled a lot.