Blue Note LPs Never on CD

Teasing the Korean

Multidirection was released as bonus tracks to the "Introducing Kenny Cox" cd from 2007.

Separate CD copies of "That Healin' Feelin'" and "Total Response" can be found on amazon.com US. I'm not certain "All" has had a cd issue on its own. All three were on cd in a two cd set from Blue Note USA, 2004 "United States of Mind"--also available via amazon.com US.

Edited by jazzbo

On 1/15/2017 at 10:37 AM, jazzbo said:

I'm not sure of which date you are referring to; if it's unissued officially it has not been out anywhere.

This one:

Grant Green Quintet

Claude Bartee (tenor sax) Emmanuel Riggins (organ) Grant Green (guitar) Herbie Lewis (bass) Idris Muhammad (drums)

Rudy Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, May 29, 1970
6478 I Can't Leave Your Love Alone Blue Note unissued
6479 Let Yourself Go -
6480 Love On A Two-Way Street -
6481 Green Acid -
6482 Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head -
6483 Something -
6484 Let It Rain  

1 hour ago, danasgoodstuff said:

This one:

Grant Green Quintet

Claude Bartee (tenor sax) Emmanuel Riggins (organ) Grant Green (guitar) Herbie Lewis (bass) Idris Muhammad (drums)

Rudy Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, May 29, 1970
6478 I Can't Leave Your Love Alone Blue Note unissued
6479 Let Yourself Go -
6480 Love On A Two-Way Street -
6481 Green Acid -
6482 Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head -
6483 Something -
6484 Let It Rain  

It's never been released. I doubt we'll see it.

• 4 months later...

What about (not technically BN's?)

1. Fats Sadi (BN 10" 5061) was originally a Vogue 10" -> Japanese release?

2. Cool Britons (Aces Anonymous or Mike Nevard's Melody Maker All Stars)(BN 10" 5052) one title released on Avid CD 928 (Cleo Lane/John Dankworth). Lord Discog also mentions some of these titles were released on Atlantic LP 2 (no record of this LP in my searches) -> have the Japanese done this one?

Edited by romualdo

5 hours ago, romualdo said:

What about (not technically BN's?)

1. Fats Sadi (BN 10" 5061) was originally a Vogue 10" -> Japanese release?

2. Cool Britons (Aces Anonymous or Mike Nevard's Melody Maker All Stars)(BN 10" 5052) one title released on Avid CD 928 (Cleo Lane/John Dankworth). Lord Discog also mentions some of these titles were released on Atlantic LP 2 (no record of this LP in my searches) -> have the Japanese done this one?

I was once told that the Fats Sadi date was only licensed by Blue Note for that 10" LP, which was why it was never released on a Blue Note CD.

Edited by Kevin Bresnahan

Ah, that was one I was going to ask about too. Thanks for the explanation. That explains why a very, very advanced collector (who has a huge collection, compared to which mine is next to nothing) was all anxious to borrow my copy (when he learned I had that Fats Sadi 10" LP ) to burn a CD-R (for himself and who knows who else ...). So I now have not only that 10" but also a CD-R to save spinning my original.

3 hours ago, Big Beat Steve said:

Ah, that was one I was going to ask about too. Thanks for the explanation. That explains why a very, very advanced collector (who has a huge collection, compared to which mine is next to nothing) was all anxious to borrow my copy (when he learned I had that Fats Sadi 10" LP ) to burn a CD-R (for himself and who knows who else ...). So I now have not only that 10" but also a CD-R to save spinning my original.

I have a CD-R of a needle-drop of a Japanese copy of that 10" LP. I have no idea how the Japanese arm of Blue Note was able to reissue that LP, but they did. It's actually a nice date.