Hi HP, I'm happy to hear that. Maybe I reacted a bit over protective, that is because I care a lot about this.. I'm not suggesting I was her only friend, far from that.
The thread you are referring to was not the private section, it was password protected so members couldn't get in except for those working on it. As far as I know it hasn't been hacked. I don't know about the work Jeff did, maybe he was one of us in that case under a nickname probably if he had one, or maybe it is just my mistake not remembering his name. He can contact Tenorman as well should he want to continue.
I'm sorry for misunderstanding you, but you know how it is with stories on the internet, they grow bigger by the minute. We were careful with the project, really.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if there had been an announcement on the All About Jazz board that the Saundra Hoffman Project was going to be kept secret from everyone once it was completed. I do not remember reading about that. I think that people would stop wishing that the stories could be widely read, if they knew that a decision had been made to not release them. This is the first that I have heard of that.

Sorry to confirm this, but while I don't recall details I distinctly remember that during my very occasional lurking on the AAJ forum after 2010 (2011, in this case) I did come across posts stating that Saundra Hummer had died suddenly (THIS stuck in my memory because I regretted her untimely death) and whatever work had been done to compile her reminiscences looked like it had been sabotaged and had therefore to be taken down. So word about sabotaging or hacking was out on the AAJ forum itself - at least on some occasion back then.

That is not what I've said, H.P. You misunderstand me. Nothing secret about it, just a working area and only during the process of making. Of course it was intended for all to read, with approval of the family. I suggest you go to Tm with your questions. I can't tell you more than I have.

Thanks Big Beat Steve. The forum was hacked indeed on a few occasions. Nothing happened to the project at that time as far as I know.

Edited by page

I have now had a response from Mike Ricci in the comments section of the post in which he announced the closing of the AAJ Forum, in which he says:

"I have the forum database and I plan to look at the tables. I'm thinking we can import the topics and threads and present them in a searchable archive at All About Jazz. Sandra's stories would be a priority."

That sounds very encouraging.

• 1 month later...