unusual Miles Davis "DIG" 45rpm

it looks almost like a south american pressing, but id be wary to go that far,- very crude.  cursive prestige logo on dark blue, no vangelder stamp as far as i can tell, unusal lip "deep groove" style by the spindle hole, and even more unusal very heavy-stamped crude number matrixes that i havent seen since old 30s rca victor 78s.  you know what im talking about.  anyways. i hope thats enough info.  it is certainly not an issue from time of release but i suppose an early 60s issue, but from where i dont know

definetly dont see rvg stamps, my thing was oh its like a 45 of the sidewinder: hella popular so they cut it to lower quality control.  i have one clearly recut only side 2 of the single.  anyways thanks for your imput.   so an original huh.  it seems like if its an orig could it be a batch of records at a plant they didnt normaly use?  its so odd!  thanks u guys

Don't drool to much. :D It's not that odd, it seems: "The Prestige Book" (the book in the (Japanese) Jazz Critique series, No. 3, 1966), for example, lists "Dig" Pt. 1 and 2 (Prestige 777) quite normally under the "single-play" releases on the Prestige label. There were quite a lot of them - the releases ran from no. 301 to 304 and then 701 to 921 (and there was another 900 series), including quite a few that probably never made it to LP. And the recording dates tie in with the date given by Dmitry above.  Google shows other Prestige 45s with that script logo.

yes, but do you have this from 2014 rsd

http://www.plosin.com/milesahead/Disco.aspx?id=RSD-Enigma

RSD-Enigma.jpg

plosin now has to list 2 first takes of kelo and enigma, and i think that this conundrum will drive him crazy eventually.

http://www.plosin.com/milesahead/Sessions.aspx?s=530420

1 Kelo (take 1) (J.J. Johnson) 3:13
2 Kelo (take 1) (J.J. Johnson) 3:22
3 Kelo (take 2) (J.J. Johnson) 3:15
4 Enigma (take 1) (J.J. Johnson) 3:38
5 Enigma (take 1) (J.J. Johnson) 3:22
6 Enigma (take 2) (J.J. Johnson) 3:19