Kenny Burrell- "At Work" : real stereo?

For all those sports fans with score cards, the original 'Night At the Vanguard', (Argo LPS-655, 1959) was reissued in 1965 on the Cadet label.

It was re-titled 'Man At Work' and given a new cover.  Perhaps Cadet/Argo wanted to cash-in because of Burrell's hit with 'Guitar Forms' on Verve.  

6 hours ago, jazztrain said:

The CD reissue includes two bonus tracks recorded the night before.

The material from that gig has been released on different CD's over the years, and there are more than two tracks that weren't on the original Argo and Cadet LP's (the different CD's included different bonus tracks).  There are also some tracks that I don't think have ever been issued.  It was discussed in some detail here in 2003:  

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 9:19 PM, Jim R said:

The material from that gig has been released on different CD's over the years, and there are more than two tracks that weren't on the original Argo and Cadet LP's (the different CD's included different bonus tracks).  There are also some tracks that I don't think have ever been issued.  It was discussed in some detail here in 2003:  

No idea how it all finally if ever sorted out, but for a while, you needed to have this one:

3d4ffdd9d59c8b26ec8782ccb8b4b7a5.jpg

Oh, Kenny Burrell "took" early for me, helped on by getting to see him live at La Bastille in Houston one summer. But the guy was on a buttload full of records and got beaucoup radio play, so, yeah, he was one of those guys "in the air" of the early 70s, you'd have to try harder to avoid him than you would to find him.

And that Cool Cookin' thing...I showed up with that in tow as a freshman and was plying it a lot, and people would come by and say hey, who is this guy, no bullshit, no frills, just tasty playing, and I'd say hey, Kenny Burrell, see? And they'd be like, hey, I gotta get this record. I don't know if any of them ever did, but you know, KB was not hard to figure out, right? Tasty, efficient, substance without bulk, if it was a sandwich, you could eat it all day if you wanted to.

Well, honestly...I think he kinda went through the "flavor remover" that seems to have (in my mind) followed around both Helen Keane & Concord Records, but not always, and even so, there was enough before that to pay attention to, and still is. I mean, jesus, Hustlin', is that not one of the all time great comp records for both Burrell & Scott? And that's just the comping!