Hank Mobley In Holland

romualdo

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds really lovely!  I'd get a copy, sure, why the heck not?!

Does anyone have a link to where this can be pre-ordered?  (From anywhere?)  I can't seem to find it on Amazon (US nor UK), nor Amazon Japan, nor CDJapan -- and my Google-fu is coming up snake-eyes too.  (Thanks in advance!)

And if they run out quickly, you got me covered, right?

Who's my buddy, who's my pal?

:g

But seriously, I see the release date is not until April. Not knowing this company or this label or what the future holds in terms of exchange rates, I am hesitant to just preorder and que sera that shit, you know?

OTOH, that YouTube clip sounds DAMN good to me.

The final clip on this site (Frank Jochemsen aan tafel) seems to discuss this upcoming jazzarchief release (the clip is from last December and apparently matters were still more uncertain then).

http://www.nposoulenjazz.nl/colive/uitzending/389411

importantly, starting at minute 6 there is a track of about 9 minutes from the concert (Like someone in love). This is apparently not the recording from the youtube clip but rather from 29 March 1968 at the B14 club in Rotterdam with

Hank Mobley
Rob Agerbeek (p)
Hans van Rossum (b)
Cees See (dr)

apparently, van Rossum was substituting for Jimmy Woode who is in the newspaper announcements... but still!

Edited by Niko

FWIW, the catalog number (from the HMV link) appears to be:  FNCJ5621  <<< now a link that goes to the Google search.

Which seems to bring up 8-9 various Japanese sites with early pre-release listings.  None with artwork (yet), and seemingly none with any sort of track-listing -- though eventually those may start to appear in time (perhaps only in Japanese).

All of which is to say that searching on that 'cat-no' only in the coming weeks or next month, and then looking at the "translate page" link results -- may (at some point) give an early indication of the track-listing (even before it appears anywhere else in English).

Edited by Rooster_Ties