LF: B&W photo of Art Blakey wearing a Rooster (or maybe Ernst) *square bottom* thin necktie, circa 1961

Recently saw a great B&W photo of Blakey clearly wearing a *square-bottom* Rooster brand (or maybe Ernst, another good square-bottom brand of ties) from the early 60's.  The tie had thin horizontal stripes, about every 2 inches or so.  Narrow tie, probably 2-inches wide at most (maybe 1.75 inches, which was the standard in the early 60's for Rooster and Ernst). 

Anybody got a line on it?  90% chance it was a Francis Wolff shot, in the studio (sure looked like it to me).

Thanks!!  --  Tom

Edited by Rooster_Ties

3 hours ago, Kevin Bresnahan said:

Thx for looking, but that's not it (and not a square-bottom tie either, I'm afraid, look close at the pic -- and I'm almost positive most diagonal-stripe ties weren't square-bottom -- very few).

This one ISN'T the photo I'm looking for, but it's not terribly dissimilar -- light-colored shirt (iirc), and he was at the kit (sticks in hand, iirc). Kind of an "action" photo, I think.  Again, this one **ISN'T** the one I'm looking for, but this is kinda similar (and he's leaning in the same direction too)...

art-blakey.jpg

Edited by Rooster_Ties

• 1 year later...

Saw a good pic of Horace Silver with what could have easily been a Rooster or Ernst tie, with a sport coat on -- on the cable jazz music channel when I was down in the gym in our apartment building (the place was empty early on a Saturday evening, so I got it off a dance-hits channel).

If I had to guess, I'd say the pic was from about 1959 or so.  Horace was facing right, about a 3/4ths ("3 quarters") shot, if I remember correctly, and the tie had horizontal stripes.  Only caught the image for maybe 10 seconds.  Saw the screen in the mirror actually, and then looked back -- so I could easily be wrong about which way he was facing.

Could have been this pic (which I can't seem to link to, to display here)...

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/photo-of-horace-silver-photo-by-michael-ochs-archives-getty-news-photo/74294916?esource=SEO_GIS_CDN_Redirect#photo-of-horace-silver-photo-by-michael-ochs-archivesgetty-images-picture-id74294916

Edited by Rooster_Ties