Sun Ra's Famous Great Nephew

Mary6170

With the New England Patriots' win in the Super Bowl yesterday, I came across this information on Facebook and thought I would share it.

The Patriots running back LeGarrette Blount is Sun Ra’s great nephew, according to the third sentence of the Early Life section of this biography.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LeGarrette_Blount

That is really interesting to me. I had heard his last name, Blount, many times, but never made that connection.

Sun Ra died in 1993. It is too bad that he did not live long enough to be able to stand on the Patriots sideline during games, as their special guest, right next to Tom Brady and Bill Belichick.

Well, it's all fitting now, isn't it?! Coming back from a certain defeat...and how! I knew there was an other-worldly explanation for it. Now we know WHO helped...

Sun-Ra_Changed-my-life.png

Also, another connection between Sun Ra and Massachusetts is that the previous Governor of that state Deval Aptrick is the son of Pat Patrick. So there's that too.

Edited by Dmitry

2 hours ago, Dmitry said:

Well, it's all fitting now, isn't it?! Coming back from a certain defeat...and how! I knew there was an other-worldly explanation for it. Now we know WHO helped...

Sun-Ra_Changed-my-life.png

Also, another connection between Sun Ra and Massachusetts is that the previous Governor of that state Deval Aptrick is the son of Pat Patrick. So there's that too.

That's Deval Patrick (not Aptrick).  

4 hours ago, Mary6170 said:

With the New England Patriots' win in the Super Bowl yesterday, I came across this information on Facebook and thought I would share it.

The Patriots running back LeGarrette Blount is Sun Ra’s great nephew, according to the third sentence of the Early Life section of this biography.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LeGarrette_Blount

Very cool; thanks for pointing that out.