• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

H20197-L103005860.jpg

Bela de Kristo “Jazz Trio” Asking $10,000 :rolleyes:

17 hours ago, Hardbopjazz said:

Here is an artists from the NYC area that I know. His work isn't bad jazz art. A link to his drawings. 

https://www.artsy.net/artist/jonathan-glass

That's cool. He sketches them during gigs, and has the musicians autograph them? There was an old guy about 15 years ago painting live gigs during Vision Festival, and selling them on the spot. They all looked the same to me. These are much better.

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 1:45 PM, Cyril said:

Tom, I never heard of this artist. And I have never seen such Christmas ornaments. It's not my kind of art.. And..... is a Christmas ornament art???

Here's a NY Times article on him. The musicians all know him.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/15/nyregion/new-york-city-jazz-sketch-artist.html?_r=0

H5768-L113814364.jpg

Estimate: $900 - $1,200

Description: Title: Miles Davis Artist: Mr. Brainwash Dimensions: 30 x 22.5 Medium: Original serigraph on paper Signature: Hand signed by the artist Year: 2015 Edition: 39 from the limtied edition of 50

A wise investment in art, if I'd ever seen one. I'll take two of these.

Airbrushing over a photograph - 1 hour, paints, beer and tools - $100.

$250,000 spent by parents on Mr.Brainwash's RISD BFA degree - priceless.

i

"[Mr. Brainwash] was a proprietor of a used clothing store, where he began as a security guard, and amateur videographer who [...] "evolved" into an artist in his own right in a matter of weeks after an off-hand suggestion from Banksy."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Brainwash

The wikipedia entry makes it sound like "Airbrushing over a photograph - 1 hour, paints, beer and tools - $100." is a more accurate description of the education Mr Brainwash went through to become an artist who can occasionally sell stuff above 100000...

1 hour ago, Niko said:

"[Mr. Brainwash] was a proprietor of a used clothing store, where he began as a security guard, and amateur videographer who [...] "evolved" into an artist in his own right in a matter of weeks after an off-hand suggestion from Banksy."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Brainwash

The wikipedia entry makes it sound like "Airbrushing over a photograph - 1 hour, paints, beer and tools - $100." is a more accurate description of the education Mr Brainwash went through to become an artist who can occasionally sell stuff above 100000...

Touché...

See, I told you $1,000 was a bargain.;)

i

• 1 month later...
On 2/24/2017 at 4:21 AM, Dmitry said:

There was an old guy about 15 years ago painting live gigs during Vision Festival, and selling them on the spot. They all looked the same to me. These are much better.

He was there when I attended in 2007. I spent most of my time up in the balcony, so I never got a good look at what he was drawing. It looked rather complex from my vantage point. I wonder if it was the same artist? 

• 2 weeks later...

Lot 593: Bottle Jazz I by Afremov, Leonid 

Estimate: $150 - $200
Description: Leonid Afremov's masterful use of color and texture make his paintings unique collectibles that are sure to brighten any wall. "Bottle Jazz I" is a limited edition giclee on stretched canvas, numbered in verso and bearing Afremov's authorized signature. This piece comes gallery wrapped. Includes Certificate of Authenticity! Measures approx. 24" x 18" 

H5578-L117335690.jpg

H5578-L117335613.jpg

H5578-L117335660.jpg

Yep, bottles are playing jazz. Somehow I'm thinking of Dr.Hunter S. Thompson

• 1 month later...

ANOTHER OEVRE IN THE DESIRABLE bOTTLE jAZZ SERIES HAS JUST SURFACED!!

H5578-L119000223.jpg

Estimate: $150 - $200

Description: Leonid Afremov's masterful use of color and texture make his paintings unique collectibles that are sure to brighten any wall. "Bottle Jazz III" is a limited edition giclee on stretched canvas, numbered in verso and bears Afremov's authorized signature. This piece comes gallery wrapped. Includes Certificate of Authenticity! Measures approx. 24" x 18" (image).

Certificate of authenticity should seal this deal quite nicely.