XRCD Blue Notes, where are the new titles ?

jeffsjazz

This series is only 25 titles so it was almost done. It certainly does seem like Audio Wave/Elusive Disc is taking a long time to get the last 5 titles out. Maybe the sales on the earlier titles was so poor that they stopped?

As  sonnymax mentioned above, these are being released by Elusive Disc (Audio Wave) so you could e-mail them to see what's up.

On 2/28/2017 at 0:07 AM, Kevin Bresnahan said:

This series is only 25 titles so it was almost done. It certainly does seem like Audio Wave/Elusive Disc is taking a long time to get the last 5 titles out. Maybe the sales on the earlier titles was so poor that they stopped?

As  sonnymax mentioned above, these are being released by Elusive Disc (Audio Wave) so you could e-mail them to see what's up.

If they had been more adventurous in their selection of albums I would have bought all of them. Instead there is not a hint of avant garde in their announced series of 25. A wasted opportunity.

Edited by erwbol

On the Hoffman board there are a few who have communicated with Audio Wave and say they insist that the final five are mastered and ready to be pressed and will come out. Apparently there is only one XRCD pressing plant worldwide (in Japan) and I can see that scheduling may be an issue, but I suspect there's more to it. We'll see. I agree that it would be nice if there were more adventurous titles released, but I also understand why the titles chosen were chosen, and DAMN they sound good.

Yes - sound is fantastic on these. But it has to have been a few years now since the last batch of these were released? I, too, have my doubts that scheduling issues are the only thing holding up completion of the series. It is also odd that that last batch included releases that were out of numerical order, given that the previous releases had been following an (arbitrary) numerical order.