Gary Burton-Makoto Ozone Duo, March 4th 2017

MartyJazz

This duo will be appearing at the Miniaci Arts Center (Nova University) in Davie, Florida this coming Saturday, March 4th.  It's billed as a "Farewell Concert", perhaps Gary is retiring.  Worth attending if you're in southeast Florida as I've seen this duo before and enjoyed it immensely.  Tix are $40 + handling for all seats in the house and it's a fine venue anywhere you sit.

The link:  http://southfloridajazz.org/

I can't say I saw the Gary Burton is retiring thread. He told me a few years ago that he was no longer touring during winter and cutting back some. I used to live close to Nova University, though it didn't exist at the time, just the experimental high school, junior high and elementary.

Burton is well worth seeing with Makoto Ozone. i heard their Virtuosi set at IAJE prior to the CD release and also heard them in Burton's quartet and the Eddie Daniels-Gary Burton tribute to Benny Goodman tour, with Ozone taking Mulgrew Miller's place.