SOLD - MOSAIC COMPLETE ALADDIN AMOS MILBURN MQ10-155

10 hours ago, Dmitry said:

One bourbon, one scotch, one beer. 

[jazz nerd mode engaged]

Milburn recorded it as "One Scotch, One Bourbon, One Beer". The permutation of the drinks is due to John Lee Hooker.

[back to normal]

Also, someone should buy this, because it's great.

On 5.3.2017 at 1:05 AM, lipi said:

Also, someone should buy this, because it's great.

Agreed! A highly enjoyable set. Picked one up a few years ago (CD version, but I guess it wasn't much cheaper, don't recall, doesn't matter, once the decision is made to buy, I don't look back).

And some of his also-rans too, I guess (considering it is the COMPLETE sessions). ;)

Actually I'd spring for it (as I think I'd even be able to unload - at a quite decent price - the full run of 80s Pathé and Route 66 LPs with about 2 thirds to 3 quarters of this stuff that I already have) but shipping from the US over here just is too prohibitive. So - no way, sadly ...

Of course. Unfortunately. Actually records are even more difficult to "cover up" than other "used" items. For a time I bought quite a lot of mags and paperback books from the 40s, 50s and early 60s from the US. Can you imagine to what kind of repackagings and splittings into multiple smaller parcels and envelopes I sometimes had to resort to (and talk the - sometimes stubborn - sellers into) in order to keep the costs PER SHIPPING within limits so as to slip things past customs with only a minimum of customs fees due? Global priority envelopes made this possible (despite their price increase over time) because the cost actually increases in an almost LINEAR manner according to weight. So 4 times 4 lbs did not cost significantly more than one parcel of 15 or 16 lbs.

Records (particularly record SETS) are more difficult because once customs people check things you cannot get by with "used" sets stated at an all too low"nominal" value only. And LP- or box-set-sized parcels ARE more conspicuous and invite inspection even more readily than Global Priority envelopes containing printed matter.

Edited by Big Beat Steve

On 6.3.2017 at 5:41 PM, Big Beat Steve said:

And some of his also-rans too, I guess (considering it is the COMPLETE sessions). ;)

Actually I'd spring for it (as I think I'd even be able to unload - at a quite decent price - the full run of 80s Pathé and Route 66 LPs with about 2 thirds to 3 quarters of this stuff that I already have) but shipping from the US over here just is too prohibitive. So - no way, sadly ...

... same here, exactly ...