Thad & Mel: "The Great Concert"?

Mark Stryker

I have this "The Great Concert" CD - I pulled it out and gave it a listen to contribute to this thread.

"The Great Concert" CD is definitely a needle-drop of an LP, sourced from a stereo radio/tv broadcast. The vinyl-based pops and clicks during the quieter portions are very audible. The sound quality is a bit "dull" but the band is having a lot of fun. Lot's of great solos, of course, especially trombonist John Mosca on "Fingers" (the up-tempo "I Got Rhythm"-based tune).

The CD's tracks:

1. "Fingers" (13:28)

2. "Thank You" (6:50)

3. "Take A Ladder" (8:46)

4. "Greetings And Salutations" (13:44)

The CD's tracks and times match up with Poljazz LP ZSX 637, according to the wikipedia page linked by JSangy in post #2. So ZSX 637 would be the source for this CD's needle drop. There is no info on the CD's packaging except for "Recorded Live In Europe" and the personnel. The 15-or-so musicians that Jones verbally introduces between numbers do match up with the personnel in the booklet, so maybe the complete personnel list in the booklet is actually correct.

Edited by jdw