Yves Charuest alto saxophone

Chuck Nessa

Working with Roscoe Mitchell on his project with the Montreal - Toronto Art Orchestra I was exposed to a number of Canadian musicians who should be known better outside of Canadia. Initially, the most striking is Yves Charuest. Sadly, he currently doesn't have any recordings available, but you can get a bit of him, as well as the fine bassist Nicolas Caloia at this site: http://musiquerayonnante.org/charuest-caloia.html.

I hope to mention more of these fine artists in the future if anyone cares.

10 hours ago, Chuck Nessa said:

Working with Roscoe Mitchell on his project with the Montreal - Toronto Art Orchestra I was exposed to a number of Canadian musicians who should be known better outside of Canadia. Initially, the most striking is Yves Charuest. Sadly, he currently doesn't have any recordings available, but you can get a bit of him, as well as the fine bassist Nicolas Caloia at this site: http://musiquerayonnante.org/charuest-caloia.html.

I hope to mention more of these fine artists in the future if anyone cares.

In the late 1980's - early 1990's, Yves Charuest was a member of percussionist Michel Ratté's trio, of which I still have a couple of CD's. In fact, Charuest's name awoke my interest in the trio, because at that time he was also playing with Peter Kowald (trio with Louis Moholo; never recorded).

I didn't really follow his career since then, but your post will be an invitation to catch up with him again .

Edited by corto maltese