Roberta Piket in California, April

on.jsp?ca=a3f892f2-7ee9-4fa1-b91e-94a299
S.gif
S.gif

Performing April 8,9,10,15 in California w/ Virginia Mayhew (duo), trio w/ Joe La Barbera and Darek Oles

c1fc163b-a883-4ff9-af31-c6eabf527524.jpg
S.gif

Dear friends,

I'm looking forward to returning to California in April for some duo concerts with my long-time colleague and friend, tenor saxophonist Virginia Mayhew, and a trio gig with the wonderful bassist Darek Oles and legendary drummer Joe La Barbera.

Virginia brings her big, swinging tenor sound (and phenomenal clarinet chops) to my most recent CD, One For Marian: Celebrating Marian McPartland

We will play some of Marian's compositions in duo format, as well as a few standards and originals in SacramentoSan Francisco and Mission Viejo

While on the west coast. I'm looking forward to recording a new trio CD with Darek and Joe in Los Angeles. In celebration, we will play a special trio concert at the Piano Kitchen in Santa Barbara

Details are below. I hope to see you!

S.gif

Saturday 4/8/2017 8:00 PM Piket / Mayhew Duo The Gold Lion 2733 Riverside Blvd Sacramento CA (Opening for saxophonist Biggie Vinkeloe)

Sunday 4/9/2017 4:00 PM Piket / Mayhew Duo  Chez Hanny 1300 Silver Ave San Francisco CA (415) 552-2729 $20.00 donation

Monday 4/10/2017 7:30 PM Piket / Mayhew Duo Saddleback College 28000 Marguerite Parkway Mission Viejo CA $10; $7 student and seniors in advance  

Saturday 4/15/2017 8:00 PM Roberta Piket Trio with <b>Joe La Barbera</b> and <b>Darek Oles</b> The Piano Kitchen 430 Rose Ave Santa Barbara CA  $15.00 Fresh from the recording studio!

S.gif

Special Offer for March Only!

Buy my latest recording directly from our artist-driven label, receive a copy of my previous CD, Emanation: Solo, Volume 2, for FREE! Use code CALIFORNIA after adding both CDs to your shopping cart. 

In the News...

The January issue of JazzTimes features a two-page profile of me by the excellent writer Shaun Brady.

The December issue of Downbeat magazine contains a Woodshed article which I wrote on the art of solo piano. 

The fall 2016 JazzIz contained an article about One for Marian by award-winning writer Neil Tesser. A track from the recording is featured on the CD that ships with the paper copy of the issue. 

S.gif
S.gif
0a004cf1-262a-46b7-82be-6c1b9f10532c.jpg
26837b7c-5ec7-4d83-899c-389e37ffee00.jpg

S.gif
S.gif

One For Marian: Official EPK

Check out this four-minute video about One for Marian. Preview some of the music, and hear me discuss my friendship with Marian and the musicians on the CD. 

Please consider sharing the video on social media. 

Pressed for time? Watch the (roughly) 1-minute sneak preview!

Here's an article about One For Marian in the June issue of DownBeat magazine. You can read it online now!

Find me on social media and share jazz with your friends:
S.gif

S.gif
Thirteenth Note Records | 751 Palisades Ave. #62, Teaneck, NJ 07666