Allan Holdsworth Box Set Being Released April 7th

• 11 months later...

Just got a nice copy of this box off eBay last week (only $49!) - and enjoying the heck out of most of it so far (about 1/3rd of my way through).

Other than Chad Wackerman's first solo album with Holdsworth ("40 Reasons" iirc, circa 1990) -- which I think was pretty much like one of Holdsworth's regular quartets -- this is actually my first time hearing anything with or by Holdsworth.

Very interesting material. Liking the cuts with vocals more than I was expecting too, and might even try and assemble an 'all-vocals' CD-R comp from this box.

The cuts with Jack Bruce especially, are reminding me to take a gander a that career-spanning Jack Bruce box I read about several years ago, made a mental note of, but haven't yet pursued.

On 2/24/2018 at 11:36 AM, Rooster_Ties said:

Just got a nice copy of this box off eBay last week (only $49!)

Excellent price.

I got these as they came out and then bought the early ones on CD as they came out. I'm curious about any remastering.

Allan was the master, no other like him. Much imitated, an influence on many...still a devastating loss.

Edited by 7/4

Really digging the tracks with the various male vocalists especially (I'm about halfway through the box so far).  Quite a different animal (singing in this sort of context), than I think I've ever heard before.

Left turns a plenty, all over the place. Very engaging material!