Blue Note 45s - pressed by Plastylite?

jeffcrom

So I'm spinning all my Blue Note 45s tonight, and they sound great (except for one very worn Lou Donaldson). It seems obvious to me that they were all pressed well before the Liberty era, but none of them have the Plastylite backwards P "ear" in the dead wax. Does anyone know if Plastylite indeed pressed Blue Note's 45s? (Calling Chuck Nessa!)

14 hours ago, Dmitry said:

Thank you, Dmitry!

My favorite of my half-dozen is BN 45-1710, by a version of the Horace Silver Quintet not recorded elsewhere, with Donald Byrd and Junior Cook as the front line. "Tippin'" is over six minutes long, and Bill Henderson joins for the vocal version of "Senor Blues." I know these tracks have been reissued on CD, but it's cool to have the original single.

Well, if anyone's interested, I've got:

45-1710: Horace Silver Quintet - Señor Blues (with Bill Henderson, vocal) / Tippin'. No album release at the time.

45-1727: Bill Henderson with the Jimmy Smith Trio - Ain't No Use / Angel Eyes. No album release at the time.

45 - 1752: Lou Donaldson - Mack the Knife / The Nearness of You, from The Time Is Right.

45-1761: Sonny Red - Stay as Sweet as You Are / Bluesville, from Out of the Blue.

45-1823: Leo Parker - Parker's Pals / Low Brown, from Let Me Tell You 'Bout It.

45-1890: Freddie Roach - I Know / Googa Mooga, from Mo' Greens Please, but to my chagrin, both sides are edited and shorter than the LP tracks.

I only have two

45-1773 Lou Donaldson - The Truth/Goose Grease

45-1774 Lou Donaldson - Politely/Blues for JP

Off subject I also have a "Stereo Little LP2" by the 3 Sounds, L4248 Vibrations.  With it I have a sheet of title strips and a sheet of small illustrations of he original album cover.  Presumably for juke box use.Disc has small centre hole and VanGelder in the dead vinyl and Division of Liberty Records on the label.  A  nice little curiosity.  If there's any interest I can post an image.

2 hours ago, JohnS said:

I only have two

45-1773 Lou Donaldson - The Truth/Goose Grease

45-1774 Lou Donaldson - Politely/Blues for JP

Off subject I also have a "Stereo Little LP2" by the 3 Sounds, L4248 Vibrations.  With it I have a sheet of title strips and a sheet of small illustrations of he original album cover.  Presumably for juke box use.Disc has small centre hole and VanGelder in the dead vinyl and Division of Liberty Records on the label.  A  nice little curiosity.  If there's any interest I can post an image.

Need I ask, sir?

I have four. Two are Liberty era (blue/white label) and two are 41 W. 61st Street (dark blue label with silver lettering). All have RVG or Van Gelder in the inner groove.

Horace Silver, Filthy McNasty (parts 1 and 2) 45-1817

Ike Quebec, Shu Shu/Liebestraum 45-1875

Art Blakey, Moanin' (parts 1 and 2) 45-1735

Cannonball Adderley: Somethin' Else (parts 1 and 2) 45-1738

Edited by kh1958

19 hours ago, Chuck Nessa said:

Maybe we should list our holdings.

The ones I have are fleamarket finds from quite a while ago and therefore - I guess - pretty obvious choices (party record survivors :P, though really not in bad shape).

- 45-1735 Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers - Moanin' Pt. I & II (two copies, actually - one with silver lettering on dark blue label, one with white lettering on light blue label in the upper half of the label and reverse colors in the lower half)

- 45-1776 Jackie McLean - Greasy Pt I & II (silver lettering on dark blue label)

(all 43W 61th St. N.Y. address on label, RVG in runout section)

1643 jimmy Smith

1644 Jimmy Smith

1652 Jimmy Smith

1659 Thad Jones

1674 Kenny Burrell - KB Blues, DB Blues

1723 Three Sounds

1731 Sonny Clark

1732 Bennie Green

1740 Horace Silver

1741 Horace Silver

1764 Donald Byrd

1769 Jimmy Smith - Kenny Burrell