• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Cyril said:

How did you that, Larry? :o ;)

???

NP MI0000057202.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

The details are that there's a way to delete a post that we all or almost all know, but if you're a moderator, but only if you're a moderator, there's quite another delete button in a different place that deletes the whole thread. Add the fact that I was brain dead at that point, and you can guess the rest. Unfortunately, once a thread has been deleted, there's no way to recover it.

43 minutes ago, Larry Kart said:

The details are that there's a way to delete a post that we all or almost all know, but if you're a moderator, but only if you're a moderator, there's quite another delete button in a different place that deletes the whole thread. Add the fact that I was brain dead at that point, and you can guess the rest. Unfortunately, once a thread has been deleted, there's no way to recover it.

I understand. But I've never seen you are a moderater....My bad. :)  

"Three for Duke" -- from 1957 on Jubliee, with Teddy Charles, Oscar Pettiford, and Hall Overton. I'd give a lot to get a remastered or even just a clean copy of this one. All parties are clicking; Overton could really play, in a kind of arranger's-piano offshoot of Monk; the all-Ellington program is great ("Mainstem," "Do Nothing Till You Hear from Me," "Sophisticated Lady," ""Don't Get Aound Much Anymore," Sherman Shuffle, " The Mooche");  it's the best Charles in a blowing format I know; and Pettiford is just terrific. Unfortunately, on the rather beat up used copy I have, and probably on the original, what Petttiford plays is not as clear as it should be/might be.

2 hours ago, Larry Kart said:

"Three for Duke" -- from 1957 on Jubliee, with Teddy Charles, Oscar Pettiford, and Hall Overton. I'd give a lot to get a remastered or even just a clean copy of this one. All parties are clicking; Overton could really play, in a kind of arranger's-piano offshoot of Monk; the all-Ellington program is great ("Mainstem," "Do Nothing Till You Hear from Me," "Sophisticated Lady," ""Don't Get Aound Much Anymore," Sherman Shuffle, " The Mooche");  it's the best Charles in a blowing format I know; and Pettiford is just terrific. Unfortunately, on the rather beat up used copy I have, and probably on the original, what Petttiford plays is not as clear as it should be/might be.

Is this what you're looking for? 

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/WPCR-29085

Hank Jones - Arigato

Nice if slightly uneven album. It's a shame there's some sort of intermittent weird digital sounding distortion/frequencies going with the piano; not sure if due to the original recording or the transfer to digitial and/or CD mastering. Someone fugged up and it's really annoying. 

15 hours ago, Larry Kart said:

Thanks for posting that rarity - I wonder why Michael Cuscuna never got around to reissue this one. 

p.s. saw the link to the Japanese reissue and ordered a copy - this makes my day.

Edited by mikeweil