• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lou-reed-121111.jpg

5/78 BOTTOM LINE, NEW YORK
compilation tape from all shows, including "Some Kinda Love", an alternate version of "Here Comes The Bride", a unreleased song called "I Wanna Dance With You", early recordings of "City Lights" and "All Through The Night" and the 22 minutes complete version of the song "I'm Waiting For The Man/Temporary Thing" that appears edited to 13:50 on the "Take No Prisoners" LP.

John Zorn / Bar Kokhba Sextet – 50th Birthday Celebration Vol.11 - CD 2 (Tzadik)
— Marc Ribot – guitar; Mark Feldman – violin; Erik Friedlander – cello; Greg Cohen – bass; Joey Baron – drums; Cyro Baptista – percussion; John Zorn – conductor; live at Tonic, NYC

51tpjV5tSAL._SS400.jpg

14 hours ago, HutchFan said:

51KqFv5rDdL._SY455_.jpg

Miroslav Vitous Group - S/T (ECM)
This is the second LP from Vitous' band with John Surman, Kenny Kirkland, and Jon Christensen. I'd always preferred First Meeting, the group's first recording, over this one. But suddenly it's as if someone flipped a switch, and what was opaque is now very clear. [...]

:tup :tup

47 minutes ago, Buddha the Magnificent said:

Handle_with_Care_(Clarke-Boland_Big_Band

Kenny Clarke-Francy Boland Big Band - Handle with Care (Atlantic, 1963).

:tup:tup 

2 hours ago, jazzbo said:

Mingus-at-the-Bohemia.jpg

:tup:tup 

Edited by alankin

7 hours ago, mikeweil said:

I ordered from JPC in Germany - they do not have it in stock. I cross my fingers they can get a copy from their import sources. In nine out of ten cases it works,

https://media2.jpc.de/image/w600/front/0/4943674235797.jpg

Just placed my order witrh CD Japan successfully. Looking forward to what the album sounds like in this form. My LP copy is a mess.

10 hours ago, xybert said:

Mike Nock - In Out and Around

71fp7XU158L._SL1433_.jpg 

Excellent! :tup

EDIT: 
Speaking of Mike Nock, I have a question for anyone who enjoys his music: Have you heard either of his solo-piano LPs from the late-70s? One is a called Talisman (Enja), and the second is simply titled Piano Solos (Timeless).  

I've never heard either of them, and I see that they've both been reissued in Japan. I was wondering whether I should take the plunge.

Any comments much appreciated. 

Edited by HutchFan