• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

R-4879011-1378255990-6216.jpeg.jpg

MI0002820478.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

988c1033ce76482bc85e8668656f6723

Nothing I have heard by Melody Gardot before or since this (her second album) has risen to the level of beauty and brilliance this CD achieves.  I generally only listen to the first 10 tracks which make for a very rewarding listen.  The last 2 tracks, a cover of "Over The Rainbow" and an orchestral version of "If The Stars Were Mine", are less interesting to me.  Part of the great musical success of this album is certainly the marvelous string arrangements of Vince Mendoza which serve to musically support and emotionally enhance Ms. Gardot's songs.  An album I listen to frequently and really, really love.

47 minutes ago, HutchFan said:

61F2n4rvGWL.jpg

Harold Land - A New Shade of Blue (Mainstream)
with Bobby Hutcherson (vib); William Henderson (p, el p); Buster Williams (b); Billy Hart (d); James "Mtume" Foreman (congas)

Fantastic.

nobody gives him enough - or any - credit for mastering the left-handed tenor. That's even more of a bitch than the Albert clarinet.

4 hours ago, Buddha the Magnificent said:

R-3980396-1472763897-1201.jpeg.jpg

Marion Brown Quartet - Back to Paris (Free Lance, 1980).  Marion Brown - alto sax; Hilton Ruiz - piano; Jack Gregg - bass; Freddie Waits - drums.

28684658gz.gif! This recording was made at "Le Dreher" in Paris on February 14, 1980, four days after their gig at "Theaterkeller" in Göttingen!