Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bill_Evans_On_A_Monday_Web.jpg

Enjoying my second listen to this new cd release. I notice the Plangent Process was used with this release. I hear a very resonant piano sound and no "tape" fluctuation or speed issues which I've found to be benefits on other discs I have that have been mastered with this process (Errol Garner, Grateful Dead). Not audiophile studio sound, but any collector of Bill Evans material of this vintage will be quite happy with the sound. And some really nice playing here.

I confess I enjoy this one a lot more the more I spin it and more than I thought I ever would.

I'm not really a country fan, but I love the arrangement and instrumentation on this one. My wife IS a country fan. . . but she doesn't like this one. Go figure.

Excellent sound on this one too. This "Jack Frost," the producer, whoever he is ;), knows his stuff

Next Friday "Triplicate" is released, three cds/LPS of covers. . . . I'm in.

Bob_Dylan_-_Fallen_Angels.jpg

1 hour ago, jazzbo said:

I think I've fallen in love with this woman. It's okay. . .can't act upon it in any other way than listening!

giddens-factory-girl-450sq.jpg

giddens.jpg

What a singer, and what a musician, and what an intelligent woman.

I witnessed most of an interview she did last year at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival at their small indoor interview stage. She was playing solo violin when I walked in. She was quite interesting to listen to (also very beautiful in person). She played two solo banjo pieces composed in the 1850s by a black composer (unfortunately I didn't catch the composer's name); the pieces and the performance were terrific. I didn't see her  performance  in the Blues Tent but heard and read a few raves about it.    

Edited by kh1958