• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anke Angel  'The Boogie Woogie Queen '  Till 2003, she was unknown, no one had ever heard of her. Meanwhile, it is celebrated as "The First Lady of Boogie Woogie", played in all prestigious festivals like North Sea Jazz Festival, Jazz Festival, Lucerne, International Summer Festival, Zagreb.

a725fa78abda485181a939d6abbc89a6.jpg

Edited by Cyril

48 minutes ago, soulpope said:

482a40ec96.jpg

I've been playing that one over and over. :tup:tup:tup Everyone plays beautifully, but I think Buster's contributions are especially brilliant.

NP:

R-2514785-1329149628.jpeg.jpg

Art Pepper Quartet - The Maiden Voyage Sessions, Vol. 3 (Galaxy)
I think this third record from Pepper's engagement at the Maiden Voyage is even better than the first one, Road Game.

1 hour ago, alankin said:

John Abercrombie Quartet – M [in The First Quartet box] (ECM Records)
— John Abercrombie — electric & acoustic guitars, mandolin; Richard Beirach — piano; George Mraz — bass; Peter Donald — drums

220px-M_%28album%29.jpg

:tup:tup:tup 

NP:

R-3506793-1405530964-9997.jpeg.jpg

The Bruce Foreman Quartet with Special Guest Bobby Hutcherson - Full Circle (Concord)
with George Cables, Jeff Carney & Eddie Marshall

The cover of my LP is autographed by Foreman, Hutcherson & Cables. I wish they'd been inscribed to me!  But they were already there when I bought the used LP many years ago. The original owner, "Susan" (from the inscriptions), also inserted a flyer from the Bach Dancing & Dynamite Society in the jacket sleeve. Apparently, this was a regular jazz & classical music gathering spot -- in a beach house in El Granada, California that also served as a B&B. They brought in some terrific musicians!  Along with Foreman's Quartet, the line-up on the flyer features The Timeless All Stars, Freddie Hubbard, Kenny Barron, McCoy Tyner, and John Abercrombie!  That's in one three-month period! (And I'm not even bothering to mention the wonderful classical musicians they booked.)

EDIT:
I just Googled "Bach Dancing & Dynamite Society" and it's still going strong.  http://www.bachddsoc.org/ 

Edited by HutchFan