Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, erwbol said:

I'm thinking of now ordering his Steeplechase albums on CD. Do you know if Steeplechase still sells real CDs instead of CD-rs?

From own recent experiences I`m afraid to say this is becoming truly hazardous means whether you`re lucky enough you`re served by a seller still having "old stock" (aka CD`s) or CD-R`s .... unfortunately both come factory sealed so you couldn`t tell "from the outside" ....

Reg Clifford Jordan best chances to get CD`s is to acquiere "Firm Roots" and "The Highest Mountain" which saw subsequently release as mid price double CD "Magic In Munich" and (IMO) were not repressed as individual CD`s so the stock "out there" should be CD`s ....

1 hour ago, soulpope said:

From own recent experiences I`m afraid to say this is becoming truly hazardous means whether you`re lucky enough you`re served by a seller still having "old stock" (aka CD`s) or CD-R`s .... unfortunately both come factory sealed so you couldn`t tell "from the outside" ....

Reg Clifford Jordan best chances to get CD`s is to acquiere "Firm Roots" and "The Highest Mountain" which saw subsequently release as mid price double CD "Magic In Munich" and (IMO) were not repressed as individual CD`s so the stock "out there" should be CD`s ....

Jazz Messengers has Magic in Munich, Firm Roots, and The Highest Mountain all in stock. Magic in Munich seems rarest on the internet, so is perhaps oldest? 

What about the audio quality of the Bimhuis gig? The audio samples on Amazon were a bit underwhelming.

Edited by erwbol

1 hour ago, erwbol said:

Jazz Messengers has Magic in Munich, Firm Roots, and The Highest Mountain all in stock. Magic in Munich seems rarest on the internet, so is perhaps oldest? 

What about the audio quality of the Bimhuis gig? The audio samples on Amazon were a bit underwhelming.

I believe "Magic In Munich" was released either 2012 or 2013 .... the audio quality from the Bimhuis gig is (IMO) decent - and the music quite superb ....

I've yet to see a SteepleChase CDR, though that's not the case with some labels, like Document, which make the switch and sellers don't bother sharing that detail.

I've enjoyed all of the Clifford Jordan CDs I've acquired from SteepleChase:

On Stage Vols. 1-3

Half Note

Magic In Munich

1 hour ago, Ken Dryden said:

I've yet to see a SteepleChase CDR, though that's not the case with some labels, like Document, which make the switch and sellers don't bother sharing that detail.

I've enjoyed all of the Clifford Jordan CDs I've acquired from SteepleChase:

On Stage Vols. 1-3

Half Note

Magic In Munich

Lucky you ;) ....

Bill Evans Trio – On A Monday Evening (Fantasy Records)
— With Eddie Gomez, Eliot Zigmund; recorded live at the Madison Union Theatre, Madison, WI

71jnRSp6XTL._SX522_.jpg

Previously unissued set from Nov. 15, 1976. Nice date - I think it's worth getting if you're an Evans fan.

Edited by alankin

Sylvia Syms – Sylvia Syms Sings (Atlantic Records / Collectables)

MI0000742962.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

1956 LP consisting of eight songs from 1952 backed by the Barbara Carroll Trio and four from 1954 with an octet arranged by Johnny Richards with Al Cohn, Danny Bank, Kai Winding, Don Elliott.