• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sad morning. My beautiful and talented 26 year old niece, a dancer and dance teacher in NYC, married on June 4 her one and only love, a talented film documentarian of 32 who had battled brain cancer twice in his early life, and right before the wedding had begun treatment for a brain tumor a third time. Radiation had failed to halt its growth and chemo had begun. . .but he passed away last night. 

Sad that they had so little time together in a new life. I know her heart is broken, they found each other, were so sillily in love, the good happy love, and now it's extinguished. 

I reached for this, even though his mother called him Johnny.

41cxD7sftfL._SX300_.jpg

I'm very sorry to hear that, Lon.

--------------

R-8379192-1460463900-8130.jpeg.jpg

Now listening to this new arrival: Stanley Cowell Trio Sienna (THCD-458). The latest Japanese reissue released by Think! Records. The OBI strip says this is a 24bit remaster which I assume is new because the original Danish CD is from 1989. The OBI calls this the SteepleChase 45th Anniversary Legend Collection.

Sound is very good, not loud. I don't know how the original CD sounded, but I'm going to get more of these Japanese SteepleChase reissues, since SteepleChase itself has started using CD-Rs a while ago. I just pre-ordered Clifford Jordan Firm Roots from CD Japan.

Edited by erwbol

1 hour ago, erwbol said:

I'm very sorry to hear that, Lon.

--------------

R-8379192-1460463900-8130.jpeg.jpg

Now listening to this new arrival: Stanley Cowell Trio Sienna (THCD-458). The latest Japanese reissue released by Think! Records. The OBI strip says this is a 24bit remaster which I assume is new because the original Danish CD is from 1989. The OBI calls this the SteepleChase 45th Anniversary Legend Collection.

Sound is very good, not loud. I don't know how the original CD sounded, but I'm going to get more of these Japanese SteepleChase reissues, since SteepleChase itself has started using CD-Rs a while ago. I just pre-ordered Clifford Jordan Firm Roots from CD Japan.

A wise move ;-) ....

Eero Koivistoinen3rd Version (Porter Records / Warner Music Finland)
— Eero Koivistoinen (tenor, soprano & sopranino sax), Heikko Sarmanto (Fender-Rhodes piano), Jukka Tolonen (guitar), Pekka Sarmanto (bass), Craig Herndon and Reino Laine (drums & percussion)

R-2773280-1319100523.jpeg.jpg

MI0002057774.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

Thelonious MonkMonk's Music [CDs 4b & 5a from the Complete Riverside Recordings sessions 10 & 11 ] (Riverside Records)
— Thelonious Monk – piano; Ray Copeland – trumpet; Gigi Gryce – alto saxophone; Coleman Hawkins – tenor saxophone; John Coltrane – tenor saxophone; Wilbur Ware – double bass; Art Blakey – drums

MI0001622507.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

Thelonious MonkThelonious Monk with John Coltrane [CD 5b from the Complete Riverside Recordings session 12 ] (Jazzland Riverside Records)
— With Thelonious Monk – piano; John Coltrane – tenor saxophone; Wilbur Ware – double bass; "Shadow" Wilson – drums; the three 7/57 studio tracks

51qmpE%2BQpOL._SY355_.jpg