• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, soulpope said:

This is really good ....

Yep! You'll get no argument from me on that!  ;) 

Now listening to another LP that features two of the musicians from Sphere, Kenny Barron & Buster Williams:

9001615front.jpg

Bill Barron - Jazz Caper (Muse)
This record should be much more well-known. I don't think it's ever been issued in any digital format, and that's a shame. 

1 hour ago, HutchFan said:

Now listening to another LP that features two of the musicians from Sphere, Kenny Barron & Buster Williams:

9001615front.jpg

Bill Barron - Jazz Caper (Muse)
This record should be much more well-known. I don't think it's ever been issued in any digital format, and that's a shame. 

Excellent late Bill Baron platter - to my knowledge never released on CD .....

Everyone seems to be enjoying some great music today. I am currently listening to:

51-qVPAdU5L._SS500.jpg

Stanley Turrentine - Rough 'N' Tumble: I am a sucker for Turrentine playing Duke Pearson arrangements.  It really is quite amazing to think of the caliber of band they put together for this session (a master stroke by A&R man Pearson), from established Blue Note leaders to many of the sidemen who contributed so much to Blue Note's success.  The session sounds so vibrant, with Bob Cranshaw being particularly well-recorded and Mickey Roker providing that happy, driving swing for which he was known.  It saddens me to think of the recent deaths of Cranshaw and Roker and the fact that only McCoy Tyner and James Spaulding are still with us.

2 hours ago, Justin V said:

Everyone seems to be enjoying some great music today. I am currently listening to:

51-qVPAdU5L._SS500.jpg

Stanley Turrentine - Rough 'N' Tumble: I am a sucker for Turrentine playing Duke Pearson arrangements.  It really is quite amazing to think of the caliber of band they put together for this session (a master stroke by A&R man Pearson), from established Blue Note leaders to many of the sidemen who contributed so much to Blue Note's success.  The session sounds so vibrant, with Bob Cranshaw being particularly well-recorded and Mickey Roker providing that happy, driving swing for which he was known.  It saddens me to think of the recent deaths of Cranshaw and Roker and the fact that only McCoy Tyner and James Spaulding are still with us.

I really enjoy the Duke Pearson arrangements for Stanley Turrentine.  That could have been a nice Mosaic select if there was enough material.