So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

JSngry

1200x630bb.jpg

Martin Lutz Group - Where Are The Trumpets? (Calibrated Recording, 2007).  Martin Lutz - keyboards; Jacob Rose - alto sax, clarinet, b clarinet; Jakob Skov - woodwinds; Mads Ole - tenor, soprano sax; Lars Johnsen - bass; Ricco Kjaer - drums, perc; Paolo Russo - bandoneon.  I really like this one and their 2011 recording It's Swing - Not Rocket Science!

• Replies 79.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

51RM5d2G0XL.jpg

The last of Mobley's Blue Note albums missing in my collection. Had an LP copy and sold it, but never got the CD. But last week I thought it was a shame I didn't have it. IMO it is one of the weakest Mobley albums - the two pop tunes fail to inspire him. Pulled it from the mailbox today after work and played it - I like those typical Mobley hard bop tunes the best, and Lamont Johnsons Maiden Voyage inspired final tune - Hancock sophistication going Boogaloo.

Edited by mikeweil

Arnold Cheatham"Thing" (Porter Records / Innerview Records)
— Alto Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone, Flute, Percussion – Arnold Cheatham; Congas – Dorian McGee; Drums – Kiah "T" Nowlin; Electric Bass – David Saltman; Electric Piano – Vagn Leick; Guitar – Bob O'Connell; Trumpet – Wil Letman

MI0000831519.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

hqdefault.jpg

Let's see how many lifetimes pass before this happens again. None of us will live to see it, I'll bet. Not all of this.

Listening in memory of Gerri Allen, because you talk about who set the example of surviving, not just with a life in music, but an integrity of character that never gets discombobulated by the traps that life gleefully offers up to rob us of our beautiful "otherness" (no matter what or how many forms it takes) or render it impotent/irrelevant, well, here you go.

RIP Gerri Allen. RIP Duke Ellington. RIP all the beautiful spirits, now, then, to come, forever.