• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Scanner - Nomadic Concrete

bQ6t1ig.jpg

"In the light of the recent death of composer Pierre Henry (9 December 1927 – 5 July 2017), I found out this live recording from Berlin in 2003 when I was invited to create a kind of live mixtape using my own materials combined with recordings of Henry. I processed, stretched, treated, and reworked original recordings and created this live fluid mix in the theatre. 

I once travelled with Henry across Belgium, to a tiny ancient chapel, where we played a concert together. He slept almost the entire car journey. At the show that evening he performed an elegant and engaging tape piece, and when I took the stage I was quite nervous, clearly keen to impress this legendary figure. As I looked up I saw him sitting there in the audience, contentedly deep asleep again. Let's hope he's sleeping happily wherever he is now too."

1 hour ago, catesta said:

1099781.jpg

"Rainbow in the Dark" has to be one of the greatest metal tunes of all time. Vivian Campbell's solo is still the perfect mastery of shredding example.

RIP, Ronnie.

I agree with all of that. And Dio was really the only one to combine synths with Metal and not have it sound cheesy.

Vinnie Appice was one of my favorite drummers from that era. I thought he was far more talented than his brother.