So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

JSngry

1 hour ago, Buddha the Magnificent said:

1200x630bb.jpg

Claude Williams Quintet - Call for the Fiddler (SteepleChase 1051, 1976).  Claude Williams - violin; Horace Parlan - piano;  Lars Blach - guitar; Hugo Rasmussen - bass; Hans Nymand - drums.  Some nice Hot Club-like swing in the Reinhardt / Grappelli tradition.

Nice one! I heard him playing at a club in the 90's. Got a chance to speak with him and he signed my LP cover.

• Replies 79.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, paul secor said:

Nice one! I heard him playing at a club in the 90's. Got a chance to speak with him and he signed my LP cover.

Sweeet!

NP

MI0002885112.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

Maarten van der Grinten & Jesse van Ruller - Nine Stories (Challenge Records, 2009).  Maarten van der Grinten - guitar, cavaquinho; Jesse van Ruller - guitars.

6 hours ago, paul secor said:

6 hours ago, Buddha the Magnificent said:

1200x630bb.jpg

Claude Williams Quintet - Call for the Fiddler (SteepleChase 1051, 1976).  Claude Williams - violin; Horace Parlan - piano;  Lars Blach - guitar; Hugo Rasmussen - bass; Hans Nymand - drums.  Some nice Hot Club-like swing in the Reinhardt / Grappelli tradition.

As I have lived in Kansas City since the early 1980s, I had a chance to see Claude Williams live more than 20 times. He was always a delight to hear. I heard him in concert halls, clubs, on outdoor festival stages, and very memorably, in a small tent during a Blues and Jazz Festival. I am very glad I was able to enjoy so much of his work.

I had similar opportunities to see Jay McShann live a great many times, too.