So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

JSngry

7 hours ago, jazzbo said:
Sun Ra's "My Brother the Wind Vol. 1" the new, expanded, reissue on Cosmic Myth out this week.

I was away from home all day yesterday traveling to and from and visiting one of my sister-in-laws in Narwalk, OH and this package was left on my porch by UPS before a heavy downpour of rain occurred. Though the digipak was sealed. . . it was soaked and falling apart. Even the underside of the cd was soaked. So I ordered a new copy and am listening to the CD but can't read the notes or discographic info.

This is very different from Vol. 2 which I have on Evidence. . .very free jazz and freaky Moog.  Sound is very good, which is what I expect going forward with these new reissues from the Sun Ra archives.

Does anyone have any information concerning how much of this Sun Ra material will be released on cd by Cosmic Myth?

• Replies 78.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

61vjD6iYvwL._SX460_.jpg

Caribbean Jazz Project / Dave Samuels - Birds of a Feather (Concord Picante)
Dave Samuels (vib, mar); Ray Vega (tr, fln); Randy Brecker (tr); Romero Lubambo (g); Dario Eskenazi (p); Ruben Rodriguez (b); Mark Walker (d); Dafnis Prieto (d, timb); Café (perc); Roberto Quintero (congas, perc)

Really enjoying this lately.

8 hours ago, AllenLowe said:

I was responding to various listening experiences here - and someone mentioned Giddens above. I really don't think my comment is gratuitous - since it is warranted by the spirit of debate as often expressed here; and it wasn't really nasty enough to be vituperative. I do have strong feelings about her and that group because I feel like they represent an abuse of tradition, a fake way of looking at history. Their music is exploitative and false. Of course this is only my opinion, but I think that it is in the proper spirit of this forum.

Again IIRC you've quit this group several times because you took offense about less nasty things said about you. And the point is not what you said about fellow musicians but what you implied about fellow board members. 

16 hours ago, alankin said:

Kirk Knuffke & Jesse StackenMockingbird: The Music Of Thelonious Monk & Duke Ellington (Steeplechase Records) 
— trumpet & piano duets; recorded live at Bloomingdale School of Music, NYC.

MI0000916724.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

All of those Knuffke / Stacken CDs are excellent.