• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, HutchFan said:

516GYDOliDL._SS460.jpg

Bobby Vince Paunetto - Paunetto's Point (Pathfinder/RSVP)
with Tom Harrell, Ed Byrne, Billy Drewes, Ronnie Cuber, Andy Gonzalez, et al

Good one .... also his other Pathfinder outing is deserving an earful :

R-9826587-1486931551-8894.jpeg.jpg

Edited by soulpope

1 hour ago, optatio said:

Another famous movie star

30892767oa.jpg

30892788mq.jpg

TONY PERKINS: ON A RAINY AFTERNOON. RCA VICTOR/BMG SPAIN 74321421232 [1996] 

Well, Tony Perkins did also star in a Broadway musical, Frank Loesser's Greenwillow, so he was not a total amateur as a singer.  (The show flopped and its best known song is probably "Never Will I Marry" which was covered by Nancy Wilson on her album with Cannonball Adderley.)  Jack Lemmon was a good pianist (not great, but good) and so-so as a vocalist, getting by more on charm than skill.

Now playing

MI0002515855.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

2 hours ago, duaneiac said:

Well, Tony Perkins did also star in a Broadway musical, Frank Loesser's Greenwillow, so he was not a total amateur as a singer.  (The show flopped and its best known song is probably "Never Will I Marry" which was covered by Nancy Wilson on her album with Cannonball Adderley.)  Jack Lemmon was a good pianist (not great, but good) and so-so as a vocalist, getting by more on charm than skill.

By the way, John Mehegan was the reason that the local collectors guild became aware of this recording!

Now playing:

30893330ue.jpg

JOHN MEHEGAN: REFLECTIONS. SAVOY/NIPPON COLUMBIA SV-0204 [1993]

Edited by optatio

Something I recently received in the mail and I'm just giving it a first spin

00394189.jpeg

A little early in the season for this kind of music, but since there were no music samples available when I ordered it, I wanted to check it out.  It's actually a pretty nice album, mostly in a mellowish mood.  Ms. Dennerlein plays Hammond B-3 and is accompanied by reeds player Magnus Lindgren, drummer Robert Ikiz, percussionist Abdissa Assefa, bassist Luca Alemanno (on9 tracks) and guitarist Nicola Conte (on 2 tracks).  Zara McFarlane sings on 3 tracks.  I like it.

51JxHEZiLcL._SS400.jpg

Franco D'Andrea - Nuvolao (Carosello, 1978)

Fasoli_DAndrea_JazzDuo.jpg

Claudio Fasoli / Franco D'Andrea - Jazz Duo (Dire, 1978)

Enjoying both of these very much.  Franco D'Andrea is an excellent pianist.

Has anyone heard any of the CDs from D'Andrea's "Solo" series on Philology?  I haven't -- but they look very interesting.

Duke Ellington and His Orchestra – Treasury Broadcast No.22 [8Sep45 on Vol.12 of The Treasury Shows] (Storyville Records—D.E.T.S.)

MI0002282142.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

Personnel:
Shelton Hemphill,  Rex Stewart, Taft Jordan, Cat Anderson(t); Ray Nance(t,vn,v); Lawrence Brown, Joe Nanton, Claude Jones(tb); Jimmy Hamilton(cl,ts); Otto Hardwicke(cl,as); Johnny Hodges(as); Al Sears(ts); Harry Carney(cl,as,bar); Duke Ellington, Billy Strayhorn(p); Fred Guy(g); Junior Raglin(sb); Sonny Greer(d,ch); Marie Ellington, Al Hibbler, Joya Sherrill, Kay Davis(v).

Titles include: Carnegie Blues, I Can't Believe That You'e In Love With Me, Mood To Be Wooed, Kissing Bug, Way Low, Unbooted Character, Just A-Sittin' and A-Rockin' and a Billy Strayhorn medley: Chelsea Bridge, (I Want) Something To Live For, Clementine.

Live broadcast on the Blue Network from Radio City Studio 6-B, NYC.