Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

original

Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers – Selections from Lerner & Loewe's My Fair Lady, Brigadoon, Paint Your Wagon [(4a) from The Complete Columbia & RCA Albums Collection] (Vik LX 1103 / Columbia Records — Sony  Music)
— With Art Blakey - drums; Bill Hardman - trumpet; Johnny Griffin - tenor saxophone; Sam Dockery - piano; Spanky DeBrest - bass; first stereo release.

0004466851.jpg

Bonus tracks:
Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers – Nonet session [(4b) from The Complete Columbia & RCA Albums Collection] (Bluebird / Columbia Records — Sony  Music)
— With Lee Morgan, Bill Hardman — trumpet; Melba Liston — trombone; Sahib Shihab — alto saxophone; Johnny Griffin — tenor saxophone; Cecil Payne — baritone saxophone; Wynton Kelly - piano; Spanky DeBrest — bass; Art Blakey — drums; Gigi Gryce - arranger; two Gigi Gryce tunes first released on the 1987 CD Theory of Art; alternate takes of the two tunes were first released on the 1995 CD  1957: Second Edition.

Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers – 1957: Second Edition [(4c) from The Complete Columbia & RCA Albums Collection] (Bluebird / Columbia Records — Sony  Music)
— With Bill Hardman (trumpet), Jackie McLean (alto sax), Johnny Griffin (tenor sax), Sam Dockery (piano), Spanky DeBrest (bass), Art Blakey (drums); two additional alternate takes from the Night in Tunisia session.

Edited by alankin

1 hour ago, paul secor said:

I like it too, though I could have done without Mehldau. A friend of mine has a Japanese CD of Konitz and Haden playing solo from the same club dates.

I like it too, it and its partner. Like 'em a lot, actually. Mehldau often sounds like he's squirming on the piano bench because he jas to go pee, but so does Joanne Brackeen, and that's somebody else I don't let ruin my day!

2 hours ago, paul secor said:

I like it too, though I could have done without Mehldau. A friend of mine has a Japanese CD of Konitz and Haden playing solo from the same club dates.

Lee Konitz + Charlie Haden "Sweet And Lovely" ..... excellent platter reissued end 2015 by King Records and still available for Yen 1300 @cdjapan ....

Playing around with the newly-arrived Decware ZROCK2 and the long-standing and -serving Decaware Torii Mk III today has been fun. I've listened to:

Antonio Carlos Jobim "Passarim" SHM-CD
MI0001934669.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

The fantastic sounding new cd from Solid Records of the Duke Ellington release "My People" (this is a favorite recording of mine, I have mono and stereo LPs and two other cd releases, this one smokes them all).
R-4024097-1421472607-6846.jpeg.jpg

Thelonious Monk "Live in Rotterdam 1967: the Lost Recordings" CD edition
41QCnJhhEAL._SY300_.jpg