Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, kinuta said:

Easily one of the 10 best Southern Soul albums ever .... and the bonus track enriched Kent CD release received truly superb remastering ....

What do you think the other nine are ?

Dear "kinuta", usually I would answer

daa562cc47.jpg

065dd087d3.jpg

and eight others ;) .... these both are head and shoulders above everything else in Southern Soul album format - still after all these years its stunning to me that there is virtually not a single weak track  ..... but furthermore these platters (IMO) should be eligible (in no particular order):

R-6747974-1510431928-1807.jpeg.jpg

shirley-brown-e28093-image-soul11music-b

R-4353590-1362599877-9850.png.jpg

DorisDukecover-620x620.jpg

969130b676.jpg

bdf3a761fce945e4819b5d81cb5b8475.png

90569eb584.jpg

R-1373579-1239962524.jpeg.jpg

And on the brink .... :

Irma_thomas_in_between_tears_swamp_dogg.

32d3a8054a.jpg

687f4daf33.jpg

1d71ad45be.jpg

MillieJackson-CaughtUp-LPRECORD-542971.j

544cb1488facd0ac64727cbdaee819ad07e32c3d

Left out Aretha Franklin`s 60`s/early 70`s Atlantic euvre (only partially Southern Soul) and artists with superb individual 45`s but inconsistent albums (Otis Redding, Wilson Pickett, Sam & Dave etc) .....

What are your favorite Southern Soul LP`s ?

Edited by soulpope

71tAhxIuN-L._SL1435_.jpg

81PsBs%2BwetL._SL1500_.jpg

Just another "modern" piano trio album, this time produced for the Japanese market. I't not at all bad, it's just not what I'd want to hear from this group of people, more standards more often, yuck.

People need to stop liking this type of shit unless it's truly awesome, which it very seldom is. This is basically whore jazz, doing it for the paying customer whether or not you really feel it. And I don't use "whore" because these are women, most of these type records are made by men, and they too are whores. Whores gotta eat, so it's not them I blame. It's the people who put the money in a place where you gotta be a whore to go get it. That's you, audience.

I really like Francesca Tanksley and I can get into Cindy Blackman too, but this is, like, Anonymously Competent Chicks Playing Standards For Japanese Businesspeople, just not a healthy impetus, definitely not a healthy outcome. I mean, yeah, everything thing is "good", but is that the point?

Maybe everybody involved figured, hey, it's Japan, what happens in Japan stays in Japan, but OOOOOPS, apparently not!!

People, both Japanese and not, I beg of you, stop feeding this beast. This one is, like, 20+ years old, yet the beast is stronger than ever. It's because you feed it, so stop. Just stop.