So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

JSngry

19 hours ago, soulpope said:

Solal's recordings for RCA are exemplary ....

Yes!  I only got En Solo recently.  I didn't realize that it had been reissued on CD by BMG France.  I got lucky and snagged it off eBay from a UK seller.  :D 

OTOH, I've known Sans Tambour Ni Trompette for many years. When I was first discovering Solal, I found it on Italian vinyl in the "I Grandi Del Jazz" series.  

5 hours ago, soulpope said:

553158cf347f62082388c9eb4925e69095e9951a

Very interesting music, IMO.

• Replies 79.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, that Kenny Drew is a great record, and a great line up.

I listen to the Charlie Parker "Live at the Roost", cause Vol. II just fits in right now. The Chrismas 1948 sessions, Bird playing "White Chrismas" and really groovin on it. And I always must laugh when I listen to Symphony Sid´s announcements......"Bird, a genullman from the Brox just called in and asked if you could play White Chrismas....."

Another item of Bop at Chrismas will be the 1949 Carnegie Hall stuff with Bird´s group and the other allstar group with Miles from that date.....

2 hours ago, Gheorghe said:

Yeah, that Kenny Drew is a great record, and a great line up.

I listen to the Charlie Parker "Live at the Roost", cause Vol. II just fits in right now. The Chrismas 1948 sessions, Bird playing "White Chrismas" and really groovin on it. And I always must laugh when I listen to Symphony Sid´s announcements......"Bird, a genullman from the Brox just called in and asked if you could play White Chrismas....."

Another item of Bop at Chrismas will be the 1949 Carnegie Hall stuff with Bird´s group and the other allstar group with Miles from that date.....

I haven't played that Bird Live at the Roost in a while. I will be spinning that today.