• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Keith Jarrett - Always Let Me Go

51oHmj3j2JL._SS500.jpg 

Really hitting the spot. Can't remember if it was this album or Inside Out that Paul Bley quipped about how Jarrett was finally doing what he was doing decades earlier. Bley is definitely the cool kid, but i'm glad to have Jarrett to listen to, too.

MI0000154039.jpg

I'd never listened to this, didn't see the purpose and/or need, but bought a used copy cheap after Bob died, just because. Still didn't listen to it until today, and it's actually kinda fun. The more popular the song, the more the expectations of "Carole King fans" are met, but for the less-familiar songs, all bets are off except that you can bet that Bob would not be bashful about referencing all the "electric jazz" of the 70s, Example - "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow" sounds like a stealth mélange of Gary McFarland and "It's About That Time" with Stephon Harris going full-on Bobby Hutcherson before bringing it back in., but "Way Over Yonder" gets totally "Big Fun"-ish.

It's Bob working the system, musical commentary under the guise of product. Not going to be for everybody, but I'm lauging/smiling my way through the whole thing.

Hi. Bob!