• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Brad said:

This one looks pretty interesting. 

There’s a whole series of them, done by year. CD1 covers British jazz on LP and 45rpm releases of the period with an R&B feel. CD2 has contemporary releases mainly on 45rpm put out by Prestige, Jazzland, Argo etc. Sam Lazar was a big discovery for me, of these items.

Edited by sidewinder

32 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

There’s a whole series of them, done by year. CD1 covers British jazz on LP and 45rpm releases of the period with an R&B feel. CD2 has contemporary releases mainly on 45rpm put out by Prestige, Jazzland, Argo etc. Sam Lazar was a big discovery for me, of these items.

Interesting indeed.

Just put the 1961, 62 and 63 volums into my Amazon cart. (To think that yesterday I browsed their listings for quite some time trying to find another item to reach the free shipping minimum to go with the LP I ordered from Amazon - most of the other items I had to have at that moment came from amazon sellers ...)

Do you happen to know if there is a 1960 volume?

1 hour ago, Big Beat Steve said:

Interesting indeed.

Just put the 1961, 62 and 63 volums into my Amazon cart. (To think that yesterday I browsed their listings for quite some time trying to find another item to reach the free shipping minimum to go with the LP I ordered from Amazon - most of the other items I had to have at that moment came from amazon sellers ...)

Do you happen to know if there is a 1960 volume?

Don’t think so - 61 to 63 on CD and 2LP vinyl I think. 64 is on vinyl as a single disk but for some reason not on CD. This label is run by guys who are into ‘mod’ music hence the focus on this time period I guess.

There are some real rarities on there e.g. music from some of the Shake Keane Columbia EPs. Sound quality is  fine, if maybe a little compressed.

Edited by sidewinder