Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

41S24a9ENUL._SY355_.jpg

I really do have a fondness for this album, but I sometimes wonder if they indeed made the album they thought they were making.  It's a mixed bag, with some tracks seeming to be rather straight forward while others are blissfully over-the-top.  One track sounds like nothing so much as a moment from a very special episode of Family Affair in which Mr. French quietly sat down with a confused Buffy and Jody and calmly, reassuringly explained to them that "The Times They Are A-Changin'".  Did they really intend for this album to be --

Excuse me sir, but there is an Inspector Cabot from Homicide here to see you.  He says he has a few questions he'd like to ask.

Very well, show him in.

8 hours ago, John Tapscott said:

R-6928365-1429717271-9655.jpeg.jpg

Is that one the Herman Orchestra after Woody had passed? I did get to see them at Scotts with Woody at the helm - a short performance before the show that night was televised live but since then I have seen no mention of it or clips on Youtube etc. Tiberi was leading the sax section.

Edited by sidewinder

2 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Is that one the Herman Orchestra after Woody had passed? I did get to see them at Scotts with Woody at the helm - a short performance before the show that night was televised live but since then I have seen no mention of it or clips on Youtube etc. Tiberi was leading the sax section.

Yes, that band was post-Woody. I saw them on the same tour at the Wigan Jazz Festival. Org. member trombonist Paul McKee was in the band.