So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

JSngry

pinkdarckbbc.jpgUZYjX9.jpgpinkfloyd_bbcsessions70_cd.JPG et al.

Familiarity most certainly breeds contempt on an interpersonal level, but not with great art.  Had The Floyd been recorded and released with any degree of prolificity, they'd dwarf my favourites, from LVB & Mozart to Mingus & Miles to Kimbrough & Burnside to The Dead & ABB.  Genres and their varied geniuses would be laid to waste by the inimitable inferno of performing Pink in the heyday prior to capitulation to ego.  With so little of great live sound available, the Peel sessions are an invaluable chronicle of the hottest burning meteor that entered terminal orbit far too soon.

• Replies 78.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, JohnS said:

5177GSTT9AL.jpg

This is great Pullen and Murray in cracking form. Got this at the time of release. I was hoovering up any Murray I could find. I went a bit cold thereafter but returning to his music of the 70-mid 90s , I find none of it wanting. Estimation restored. 

42 minutes ago, Clunky said:

This is great Pullen and Murray in cracking form. Got this at the time of release. I was hoovering up any Murray I could find. I went a bit cold thereafter but returning to his music of the 70-mid 90s , I find none of it wanting. Estimation restored. 

The Great Murray Hoovering. I did exactly the same, chasing down the DIWs and buying anything with his name on and then...the cooling. Only recently have I revisited some of his catalogue prompted by the purchase on a whim of the fairly recent  'Blues For Memo' which I enjoy a lot. I find the earlier India Navigation and Circle sessions easier to listen to now

Maybe time to try Shakill's Warrior again. thanks for the nudge

4 hours ago, JohnS said:

R-5727573-1401040952-7113.jpeg.jpg

Very nice!

:tup I listened to that only last week. Very nice indeed

1 hour ago, Clunky said:

Seems to be the experience with quite some early dedicated David Murray followers ....  Murray simply had too manny releases during the 80`s and although most of them being hearworthy at least a number of collectors started being more picky/discerning ....

16 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

R-8480021-1462442158-3440.jpeg.jpg

David Murray -Blues For Memo [Doublemoon]

thought I'd join in with something more recent from Murray.

This album really works for me and that includes Saul Williams' spoken word contributions. the great Craig Harris too

interesting ....