• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, soulpope said:

R-2917525-1307432454.jpeg.jpg

Oh yeah ! I love this great little record. It has a very very special and personal meaning to me, because I purchased it in september 1978 after I have heard the great Max Roach Quartet (with Bridgewater, Harper, Workman) at "Kongresshaus" (that ugly hall on Margarethengurtel, I think now thereĀ“s a BILLA ....) and I went to the then famous record dealer "Radio Kratz" in Delka Hof Mariahilferstrasse and asked Mr Kratz if he has some Max Roach and this it was. But it was a different cover, a colour foto of Roach in profil , well this was the period of the french "America" Label, they had many Debut and Fantasy records in their cataloque.

I even played that record at school as a listening example when our music professor asked if someone has a recorded drum solo.

Ā 

1 hour ago, Gheorghe said:

Oh yeah ! I love this great little record. It has a very very special and personal meaning to me, because I purchased it in september 1978 after I have heard the great Max Roach Quartet (with Bridgewater, Harper, Workman) at "Kongresshaus" (that ugly hall on Margarethengurtel, I think now thereĀ“s a BILLA ....) and I went to the then famous record dealer "Radio Kratz" in Delka Hof Mariahilferstrasse and asked Mr Kratz if he has some Max Roach and this it was. But it was a different cover, a colour foto of Roach in profil , well this was the period of the french "America" Label, they had many Debut and Fantasy records in their cataloque.

I even played that record at school as a listening example when our music professor asked if someone has a recorded drum solo.

Ā 

Believe you`re remembering this french edition

397bbdac67c53fb924de1c30e02e583c--jazz-a

Btw can confirm great memories about the concert, Kongresshaus and the time when Vienna had several record stores carrying a decent jazz department ....