Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

41IuovQCXcL._SX425_.jpg

Jaki Byard - Family Man (32 Jazz; originally Muse)
Tonight, this record hit me square between the eyes.  I enjoyed it so much that when I got to the end, I listened to the whole thing a second time. :) 

41IQiOoBfIL._SS425.jpg

Herbie Nichols - Love, Gloom, Cash, Love (Bethlehem)
I still haven't ever found my way into Nichol's music. It's enjoyable enough, but I still haven't heard the special magic that others find in it. . . . Who knows? Maybe Nichols just isn't my cuppa joe. 

My collection felt a little light on Jaki Byard, but some of his OJCs are a bit hard to get second hand. Then last week I got lucky. A new Dutch seller on Discogs with a bunch of mint copies of titles I was after. For €65 I got:
Jaki Byard: Out Front, Here's Jaki, The Jaki Byard Experience
Booker Ervin: Groovin' High, The Trance, Setting The Pace, Heavy!!!

Now listening to:

MI0000188075.jpg

Jaki Byard The Jaki Byard Experience

1 hour ago, erwbol said:

My collection felt a little light on Jaki Byard, but some of his OJCs are a bit hard to get second hand. Then last week I got lucky. A new Dutch seller on Discogs with a bunch of mint copies of titles I was after. For €65 I got:
Jaki Byard: Out Front, Here's Jaki, The Jaki Byard Experience
Booker Ervin: Groovin' High, The Trance, Setting The Pace, Heavy!!!

Now listening to:

MI0000188075.jpg

Jaki Byard The Jaki Byard Experience

:tup:tup:tup!!!

Seastones cover art - by Ned Lagin

Spectacular sound in the now-complete canon of related compositions from the early-mid '70's courtesy this expanded reissue.  Phenomenal!  My favour tends toward the final handful of tracks that bespeak interstellar transmissions of an alien insect intelligence...the kind of sound that made the Seastones session of Jai Alai 6/23 such a perfect intermission companion piece to that spectacularly bizarre and utterly elite Dead show. 

http://relisten.net/grateful-dead/1974/6/23-7/seastones

On order:  Szell Complete Columbia and the next edition of Bear's Sonic Journals - ABB Fillmore East '70.  Days of Riches!

3 minutes ago, Kate said:

Seastones cover art - by Ned Lagin

Spectacular sound in the now-complete canon of related compositions from the early-mid '70's courtesy this expanded reissue.  Phenomenal!  My favour tends toward the final handful of tracks that bespeak interstellar transmissions of an alien insect intelligence...the kind of sound that made the Seastones session of Jai Alai 6/23 such a perfect intermission companion piece to that spectacularly bizarre and utterly elite Dead show. 

http://relisten.net/grateful-dead/1974/6/23-7/seastones

On order:  Szell Complete Columbia and the next edition of Bear's Sonic Journals - ABB Fillmore East '70.  Days of Riches!

The original LP was good to listen to on a sunny day.