• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, soulpope said:

Very goodĀ indeed ....

Yes.Ā  It was interesting listening to the first Sinatra/Jobim record and Jobim's all instrumental Wave album together.Ā  They were both recorded in early 1967 -- Sinatra's in Jan. & Feb. and Jobim's in May & June -- and both arranged & conducted by Claus Ogerman who, while not using the exact same arrangements for both sessions, utilized some similar musical motifs on both albums.Ā  Sinatra's version of "Dindi" is one of his finestĀ  performances, I think.

now playing disc 1 of 2 from:

Decca_America_Official_Compilation_z_CD_

Disc 4 of 5 from:

R-1066768-1190326592.jpeg.jpg

Another great Rhino collection, this one all about science fictiony music from movies, TV, pop records, etc.Ā  This disc collects "Lounge/Incidental" music from such performers as Les Baxter, Ferrante & Teicher, Sun RA, Raymond Scott and Dick Hyman.

2 hours ago, Ken Dryden said:

A good compilation, but in a poorly designed package. Evidently the designer didn't actually collect CDs.

I've definitely saw poorer designs .... and it's height is in line with larg(er) box sets .... but obviously the content - at that time it was not sure whether the individual albums with bonus material would be issued - wasĀ the driver to buy ....

6 hours ago, soulpope said:

I've definitely saw poorer designs .... and it's height is in line with larg(er) box sets .... but obviously the content - at that time it was not sure whether the individual albums with bonus material would be issued - wasĀ the driver to buy ....

My issue with the 3 CD Monk anthologyĀ is that one disc never stays put on its rubber spindle. It ranks with the Bill Evans Complete Verve box (with the damned rust outside) and the Charlie Christian Columbia box (4 CDs set in a ceramic like base) as proof that some people have no business designing CD packaging.