Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, soulpope said:

Features some very fine playing by Claudio Roditi .....

On the basis of his recorded work in the 90s (when I saw him twice) Claudio is one of my very favorite trumpet players. Yet you don't hear much about him, do you? Underrated, would you say?

1 hour ago, BillF said:

On the basis of his recorded work in the 90s (when I saw him twice) Claudio is one of my very favorite trumpet players. Yet you don't hear much about him, do you? Underrated, would you say?

Definitely underrated .... often shining brightly as sideman (Rouse "Soul Mates" and late 80's early 90's Mark Murphy platters come immediately to my mind ....) he probably never hat a real breaktrough production as leader (although f.i the Lee Morgen hommage project would have been a suitable contender) ....

10 hours ago, soulpope said:

Definitely underrated .... often shining brightly as sideman (Rouse "Soul Mates" and late 80's early 90's Mark Murphy platters come immediately to my mind ....) he probably never hat a real breaktrough production as leader (although f.i the Lee Morgen hommage project would have been a suitable contender) ....

Reservoir Records gave him a number of leader dates in the 90s. Available on Spotify and well worth a listen.

Now playing:

JimSnideroPelt.jpg