• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, soulpope said:

The_Band.jpg

Though my initial reaction was, "Oh my God, yes!", the profligate abuses of "OMG" in the interweb age precludes invocation in proper society.  So I won't.  The crown jewel might well be "Down in The Flood", with Dylan rollin and Toussaint's quintet adding uncharted ornamentation you can almost hear the crackle of electric charges jumping between players.  Some Saturday night heresy:  It's a stone cold lock over "Last Waltz".

Edited by Kate

2 hours ago, paul secor said:

Like hearing Link Wray meets Duane Eddy in your living room.

If they tried to come into my living room, I'd blast some fucking Sonny Sharrock at their cornball asses and tell them to try that fetishized bullshit someplace else. Then I'd give them to 10 to get the fuck out before I feed them to my dog. She's still young and stays hungry.

As for "Big Guitars From Texas", yeah, let them continue to be from Texas, not in it. We got enough wrong as it is.

20 hours ago, mjazzg said:

for which I have my ticket. I saw her with  Equal Interest [Leroy Jenkins and Joseph Jarman] at QEH years ago and have very hazy memories of a gig maybe at the old Vortex but it's too hazy

I was at the QEH concert.  I don't recall the music being that memorable but it was particularly good to see the participants.

11 hours ago, Kate said:

Though my initial reaction was, "Oh my God, yes!", the profligate abuses of "OMG" in the interweb age precludes invocation in proper society.  So I won't.  The crown jewel might well be "Down in The Flood", with Dylan rollin and Toussaint's quintet adding uncharted ornamentation you can almost hear the crackle of electric charges jumping between players.  Some Saturday night heresy:  It's a stone cold lock over "Last Waltz".

Fully agreed ....