Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, soulpope said:

A terrific album .... and it says s lot about "Our Thing" that was rated higher by both of us .... 

I used to be the kind of jazz freak scoring each album, artist... and making lists and rankings.

Now I simply try to enjoy the music in the limited time span I can allocate to jazz... The older, the wiser!  :lol:

9 minutes ago, EKE BBB said:

I used to be the kind of jazz freak scoring each album, artist... and making lists and rankings.

Now I simply try to enjoy the music in the limited time span I can allocate to jazz... The older, the wiser!  :lol:

Good points. I’ve put a brake — as much as possible — on new purchases and am focusing on what I have, which is plenty.  

28 minutes ago, EKE BBB said:

Not being in rating frenzy either .... it is all about personal impressions which change - but over the years I`m pretty positive about "Our Thing" :D ....

On 10/10/2018 at 8:09 AM, soulpope said:

MI0001615390.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

A masterpiece.

56837874.jpg

Algiers Brass Band - Lord, Lord, Lord (SONO). I was in New Orleans for 22 hours Tuesday/Wednesday and managed to hear three brass bands - The Young Fellaz playing on the street, Treme at d.b.a., and Rebirth at their regular Tuesday night Maple Leaf gig. The latter was as intense as experience as is it was 25 years ago, when I first caught them on Tuesday night on Oak Street.

I hadn't spun this Algiers BB for awhile. It's very good, a brief Louis Armstrong imitation aside. This was a neighborhood band, although they did club gigs and festivals, and nobody would recognize any of the names. But I miss them, and am glad I got to hear them in person a couple of times. I still sleep in an Algiers Brass Band t-shirt which has become too worn to wear in public.

30 minutes ago, The Magnificent Goldberg said:

Vlach Quartet - Debussy & Ravel string quartets - Supraphon

R-9842070-1487200918-3853.jpeg.jpg

Magic!

MANY thanks to Soulpope for letting me know this long gone LP of mine had been reissued. Got a download of it from Amazon.

MG

You`re welcome .... the vinyl cover art is great too (SUA ST 50040 and SUA ST 50063) ....

1 minute ago, soulpope said:

You`re welcome .... the vinyl cover art is great too (SUA ST 50040 and SUA ST 50063) ....

That's not the sleeve it comes with. That's the one I originally had and I half-inched it from Discogs because it was the one I had and also the nicest and most fitting. Only my 1968 copy was in glorious mono.

MG

1 minute ago, The Magnificent Goldberg said:

That's not the sleeve it comes with. That's the one I originally had and I half-inched it from Discogs because it was the one I had and also the nicest and most fitting. Only my 1968 copy was in glorious mono.

MG

I have SUA ST 50063 from 1979 with that cover ....

1 hour ago, The Magnificent Goldberg said:

Vlach Quartet - Debussy & Ravel string quartets - Supraphon

R-9842070-1487200918-3853.jpeg.jpg

Magic!

MANY thanks to Soulpope for letting me know this long gone LP of mine had been reissued. Got a download of it from Amazon.

MG

Another former owner here.

"I'm not understanding.  The picture or the music?"

Well, it's a steel staircase going up a small ridge so that your soldiers can peek over at the enemy without being easily seen.

Or something else, perhaps.

The music might conceivably be something to do with Canada.

Or something else, perhaps.

:D

MG