Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, HutchFan said:

Hmm. I'm not familiar with that record, soulpope. Maybe one to add to the list. ;) 

Prompted by your Waldron-listening, I've cued up this one:

51QEBnXvVLL._SS500.jpg

Mal Waldron "Plays The Blues-Live At The Domicile" is a personal desert island platter .... "A Touch Of The Blues" is nearly as good - never out on CD (unfortunately) .... I`m still wondering about the existence of the original tapes/recordings for "Black Glory" where a great version of "Rock My Soul" is -just as Jimmy Woode starts soloing -faded ....years ago I`ve tried to get feedback from the former Enja co-owners but sadly resulting in no further enlightment ....

20 minutes ago, soulpope said:

Mal Waldron "Plays The Blues-Live At The Domicile" is a personal desert island platter .... "A Touch Of The Blues" is nearly as good - never out on CD (unfortunately) .... I`m still wondering about the existence of the original tapes/recordings for "Black Glory" where a great version of "Rock My Soul" is -just as Jimmy Woode starts soloing -faded ....years ago I`ve tried to get feedback from the former Enja co-owners but sadly resulting in no further enlightment ....

Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for A Touch of the Blues.

Regarding your inquiry with Enja: Yes, it would be wonderful to hear all of the recordings from both Plays the Blues and Black Glory in unedited form. :tup 

Now listening to the "companion disc":

51H2gRucMwL._SS500_.jpg

5 hours ago, soulpope said:

Excellent Waldron fest recently, soulpope!

Listening tonight to:

The Duke Plays Ellington
Cecil Payne - Bright Moments
Earl Hines - Paris One Night Stand