So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

JSngry

Van-Morrison-Days-like-this.jpg

Listened to this one last night on my way to and back from the concert.  It's long been one of my favorite VM albums.  He sang a couple of songs from it last night, "In The Afternoon" and the title song, and he also made brief allusions to a couple of other songs here, "Raincheck" and "Ancient Highway". 

(Edit to add -- When this CD first came out, I was working in a record store and when we got the first shipment of these CDs upon their release, the plastic tab thing that runs across the top of the CD that you can almost never pull off in one piece was printed with "Raincheck" as the title.  I wonder what that was about.  Was there some last minute decision to change the album title?)

Edited by duaneiac

• Replies 79.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

51CxD2ptNcL._SS500.jpg

Shirley Scott - For Members Only / Great Scott!! (Impulse)
Note for Oliver Nelson-ophiles: About half of the cuts on both of these albums feature arrangements by ON. Strangely, they were not included in the Nelson Mosaic set -- even though the Nelson-arranged cuts from Roll 'Em were. ...No idea why.