• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Buddha the Magnificent said:

20161003154709fec.jpg

Duke Jordan Trio - Osaka Concert Vol. 1 (1990, SteepleChase).  Duke Jordan - piano; Wilbur Little - bass; Roy Haynes - drums.  Actually listening to Vol 2 as well.

2 hours ago, EKE BBB said:

Followed by

Kenny Dorham- Quiet Kenny (New Jazz, 1959)

3349E273-2DDD-4293-B3D7-6BC85BB7F32B.jpeg

20 minutes ago, BillF said:

R-4998066-1381709414-8986.jpeg.jpg

:tup:tup:tup Three very good ones!

You got to have time to listen closely to this. The bad weather made it possible. I like Dark Magus even more than Aghartha or Panghea. Especially because of the participation of DAve Liebman, one of my all time favourites. The formation with DAve was in my hometown at STadthalle in 1973. This one of Carnegie Hall 1974

index.jpg

bobbiegentry_packshot.jpg

Disc 5 of 8, which includes the album Touch 'Em With Love and previously unreleased bonus tracks.  Love, love, love me some Bobbie Gentry and this beautiful package is a luxurious treat for any fan.  Too bad  Amazon already shows it is currently unavailable.  Wonder why that is.  It only came out last month.

12 minutes ago, duaneiac said:

Disc 5 of 8, which includes the album Touch 'Em With Love and previously unreleased bonus tracks.  Love, love, love me some Bobbie Gentry and this beautiful package is a luxurious treat for any fan.  Too bad  Amazon already shows it is currently unavailable.  Wonder why that is.  It only came out last month.

Looks tasty indeed ....

Onto Disc 7 of 8 from --

This Disc includes her final studio album, Patchwork, plus singles and some previously unreleased tracks.  Patchwork is, quite simply, one of the finest pop albums you have likely never heard.  Some marvelous songwriting -- all songs were written or co-written by her -- on what are basically a number of character sketches, from "Benjamin" who, among other things, was "selling Pacific Ocean water and calling it seaweed wine" to "Belinda" a burlesque dancer whose mantra is "you may know my body, but you cannot know my mind", to what is an apparently autobiographical tale in "Mean Stepmama Blues".  There are a number of brief, beautiful musical interludes between many of the tracks.  It is just an amazingly good album which sold very poorly.  It is a little eerie hearing her sing "Lookin' In", the final track on her final studio album,  Here she sings about the life of going from airport to limousine to show to hotel and having papers to sign and phone calls to take and about being tired of "thinking up new ways to do the same old thing".

Perhaps my favorite track from this album

How that did not become a hit is beyond me.  Somebody should cover it today and they could still make a hit of it.

And then in the bonus tracks you get a gorgeous little gem like this