Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, soulpope said:

But supposedly the japanese release with a different aka (original) Philips cover .... ?

This is the UK Columbia sleeve, not the German Philips. The LPs were issued around the same time, the UK one in the Lansdowne series. I prefer the UK sleeve (and the Japanese CD is a perfect facsimile).

Edited by sidewinder

58 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

This is the UK Columbia sleeve, not the German Philips. The LPs were issued around the same time, the UK one in the Lansdowne series. I prefer the UK sleeve (and the Japanese CD is a perfect facsimile).

Only know japanese CD releases with this cover :

Unbenannt.png

Have the paper sleeve edition Tokuma TKCB-71979. Could you share the release details of the japanese CD with the UK cover .... ?

Edited by soulpope

32 minutes ago, soulpope said:

Only know japanese CD releases with this cover :

Unbenannt.png

Have the paper sleeve edition Tokuma TKCB-71979. Could you share the release details of the japanese CD with the UK cover .... ?

It is a Japanese ‘Enja Classics’ release dated 2005. Notes are in Japanese and English, the Enja logo on the CD is in German !

2 hours ago, sidewinder said:

It is a Japanese ‘Enja Classics’ release dated 2005. Notes are in Japanese and English, the Enja logo on the CD is in German !

Thnx .... looks like this could be the japanese Muzak MTCE-3011 version - always presumed this had also the Philips cover art .... 

14 minutes ago, soulpope said:

Thnx .... looks like this could be the japanese Muzak MTCE-3011 version - always presumed this had also the Philips cover art .... 

The booklet says MZCE 3010 MZCE 3011 on the bottom, if that helps. ‘Japanese Muzak’ - that’s a new label to me :D.

complete-on-the-corner-sessions.jpg

Miles ‘On The Corner’ box, CD5

Edited by sidewinder

61TmvBeP7FL._SS500_.jpg

Jeanne Lee/Ran Blake - The Newest Sound You Never Heard (A-Side)

Followed by a homemade acetate disc I found with a stack of discs all made by the same Atlanta guy in 1947-48. This is 12" 33 RPM disc with 10 minutes or so of the August 18, 1948 Grand Ole Opry broadcast on one side. The other side has the same amount of Atlanta's local country music broadcast, the WSB Barn Dance, from the same date. The local show is actually better than the Opry side, which is mostly silliness and novelty songs.

10 hours ago, HutchFan said:

51Y1W0GNK4L._SY495_.jpg

I think this is almost my favourite Donald Byrd recordings, it´s my idea of a perfect hard bop album, and both Byrd and McLean are fantastic, and the rhythm section also. And I love the tunes.

Donald Byrd made very much albums and I think the ones  I like most are this one "Fuego", "Off the Races" and that double album with Pepper Adams I think at Half Note.....